Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

how many customers did u get in your first week?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I know it an age ole thing wfp v trad but I think there's a market for both & to be honest if your just starting trad is a lot cheaper if your just starting on a budget. I do both with a backpack & agree it's good but would not say its better so I don't agree with your saying that if your starting now you should be wfp. I only started 4 years ago and have always trad and my rounds great. Also a lot of people still do not like wfp for reasons only they know. I agree with all your other points but no you don't have to be wfp if just starting. Also I think you need more then a 25ft pole???. Rant over lol. Just my opinion Richard.

I agree, there is a market for both, and most customers won’t care which method is used. From the window cleaner’s point of view wfp should be more profitable, but I know that isn’t always the case. I know some trad cleaners who earn more than some wfp cleaners.

You can build a good business only using a 25ft pole, the first 3 jobs I did yesterday were all low rise commercial ideally suited for wfp and a 25ft pole, the total cleaning time was just over 1 hour. I like these jobs their quick, straight forwards with no problems, just park outside the building and start cleaning, I charged £30, £25 and £20. I could do these jobs all day everyday and never feel like I should be getting bigger jobs and using a longer pole

Window cleaning is a service, which is based on time. I can price better and clean quicker than less motivated employed window cleaners using bendy poles and appalling brushes; the 25ft pole I use doesn’t bend coupled with my brushes the combination is faster to use than anything else available. Work like this is easy to get, but you have to be efficient at those prices.

Richard

(The 25ft pole is a high modulus and 3k CF, I had this made and it doesn’t bend in use; it makes some other CF pole look like they are glass fibre with the amount of flex they have)

When I said you need more then a 25ft pole I meant you need a van a tank an ro system a di vessel etc and even just using a backpack I need an ro system and di and if course the backpack. Agree on the quickness. Many times I get to a job & think I'll just whip out me backpack but I hold myself back. I use it for them awkward windows. That's another thing a few windys have had who I've met. Parking. I live near cambridge and no a few who have passed jobs onto me coz they cannot get parked. Cambridge is a ***htmare & the wardens jump on you any chance they get.

My mistake, made me laugh. I agree with you again the cost is higher for wfp, but the earnings can also be higher and the scope for work is much better.

Trad isn’t dead, but wfp is the future.

Richard

My mistake, made me laugh. I agree with you again the cost is higher for wfp, but the earnings can also be higher and the scope for work is much better.

Trad isn’t dead, but wfp is the future.

Richard
That I agree on . As we said there's a market for both. Like any job things move on to something easier & better.

I’m a self employed window cleaner, and I currently like to remain that way. But my time is limited just like any other self employed window cleaner; so my advice is earn as much as you can. Be more selective with your customers and take on the bigger fish, wfp give you the means to do this, your compe***ions overheads are going to be much higher than yours.

Good luck

Richard

hi iv been out today and picked up 10 customers all in the same street all was for flats between 1-3 stories, i had 3 customer to visit in a small ish call-disack after visiting each customer 3 people came out after each visit, was rather shocked also go a facia and conservatory job, iv only been trading amonth. surley this is a 1off ? weather or someting or have i found a market with this 1-3 stories flats .either way im a happt bunny tonite> steve 1stopsolution-cleaning+ maintenance

The first week or even the next 2-3 months may not generate enough cash to keep you going, its better to work out before the minimum amount of customers and the price and give yourself a more realistic time frame - 6 months should be plenty of time, if you’re new to the game, (less time if your not)

You should be wfp if you’re starting a window cleaning business today, so you only need to buy a 25ft pole to go straight for low rise commercial work - you should also be in a position to price more compe***ively!

I.e. if you need a minimum of £1,500 per month, you only need to have 75 customers with an averaging price of £20; so as a guide you need to get 3 new customers a week for the next six months.

After this initial stage of your business the pressure is less, so you don’t have to be so generous with your pricing or time, and you can even correct any work where you see fit as you go into the next stage of your business.

Good luck

Richard

(16 to answer your question, but that was more luck)
Phew Richard with respect tell me your secret with regards to getting the average price of £20 are you London based? The only reason why I am asking is because the average semi detached around south staffs comes in at £10 tops. /emoticons/tongue.png

mdpeake -

£20 is used in the example in the post; because it isn’t high. Most trade men will turn up at your house and charge you that for doing nothing, at least a window cleaner does some work.

There isn’t a secret; you just have to know what you are doing.

Richard

Back