Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How many customers do you have and want?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

what im realising is that i dont actually need that much money to enjoy my life and there had to be a balance to money/work or whats the point.
Couldn't agree with you more, well said. I read on a wall in a cafe once "Never be so busy making a living that you forget to make a life".   

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO the goal is too get as compact a round as possible, doing regular maintenance jobs that pay good money. There is no perfect round, I have a mixture of everything to be honest, some jobs don't pay great but are handy to do, close & regular. Other jobs i have pay great may be a little further away and are bit harder to do. Most of my work is within a 7 mile radius of my house, there is alot to be said about doing as little commuting as possible. I have one about 15 mins away and I hate going over there.

Swings and roundabouts IMO, and everyone will have different types of rounds, prices/location/difficulty etc. Personally I start about 5.30/6 am and finish usually between 10.30/1pm.... 5 days per week. Obviously things popup and some days are harder than others but generally that's my round.

Basically what I am saying is we are all striving to do as little amount of work possible for as much money as possible. 

IMO the goal is too get as compact a round as possible, doing regular maintenance jobs that pay good money. There is no perfect round, I have a mixture of everything to be honest, some jobs don't pay great but are handy to do, close & regular. Other jobs i have pay great may be a little further away and are bit harder to do. Most of my work is within a 7 mile radius of my house, there is alot to be said about doing as little commuting as possible. I have one about 15 mins away and I hate going over there.

Swings and roundabouts IMO, and everyone will have different types of rounds, prices/location/difficulty etc. Personally I start about 5.30/6 am and finish usually between 10.30/1pm.... 5 days per week. Obviously things popup and some days are harder than others but generally that's my round.

Basically what I am saying is we are all striving to do as little amount of work possible for as much money as possible. 
Working 20hrs a week isn't flat out [emoji23]

County Durham Lad

This I can't understand as in if you have so much work they are all on 5 weekly instead of 4 weekly then surely you are doing more work for the same money as you were having a manageable amount of jobs all on a 4 weekly schedule.

I have 350 4 weekly jobs and more on different schedules which I am managing to get through at this time of year along with the good weather we are having  but once the working days become shorter through the autumn and winter then I will be pushed into been out across 6 days a week as I like to keep jobs on schedule as agreed with the client at the outset. So I am now evaluating my rounds and  considering which work to sell

Not sure I understand your point.

4 or 5 weekly is irrelevant, still do the same amount of work per day/week.

I don't work 6 days a week I work 5

I'm looking for an employee though hence why struggling on rather than selling/binning work off.

Not sure I understand your point.

4 or 5 weekly is irrelevant, still do the same amount of work per day/week.

I don't work 6 days a week I work 5

I'm looking for an employee though hence why struggling on rather than selling/binning work off.

Hi Adam my point was that if for example you had 300 jobs all on 4 weekly and they are now on the 5 weekly during to a increase in your workload they will be getting less cleans per year so 10 cleans instead of 12.

As you have now made it clear you are keen to employ I fully understand why you have such a large workload and having to do 5 weekly schedule until you find the right person. [emoji106] [emoji106]

County Durham Lad

A local windy stopped and spoke to me in my street the other day, started by grumbling that I took one of his customers but turned out to be a good fella. Tells me he has 1700 customer, although I take that with a pinch of salt he hasn't been back in months which is why I took one of his customers... it may have even been last year he last came round. He's been going for nearly 20 years so this may be true. There is a popular windy in the next town over who does 6/12 weeks so his need for customers would be much higher than someone doing 4/8 weeks for example....

I think where people have said it's all about the money you are due to take are missing a big point... Customers = money. Although your key KPI might be how much money you are taking per month there is nothing wrong with having an eye on how many customers you have. Value per customer is another KPI that leaks into this. I appreciate most windies don't look at their business in this way but for those wanting to grow and reach new heights a few targets can make all the difference. If you had an average value of £9.40 per customer lets say, and you aim to increase that to £10 and have 100 customers your earnings will go from 940-1000. If everyone looked at how many customers they want/need the answer would probably be different due to the frequency people clean so the question is a little flawed but I would still think it's a valid thing someone might want to focus on.

@P4dstar I totally agree, your have totally really keeps an eye on your business and evaluate how you want it to be or grow.

County Durham Lad

"What I'm realising is that i dont actually need much money to enjoy my life" ....Wouldnt the ultimate goal be to have others doing all the work for you? As you get older you may not be able to do as many properties so it could become an issue. If you're only just trying out lads at the moment and feeling the stress... is that maybe because your are experiencing the teething pains of uncharted waters? Maybe after a while of employing lads and creating different crews you'll be smashing it mate!

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Working 20hrs a week isn't flat out
emoji23.png

County Durham Lad

Who's working 20 hours per week?

That’s a good solid strategy, you wake up in the morning and don’t know where you’re gonna get that customer, if you get 3/4/5 in a day then just start again the next day telling yourself you need one for the day. Works for me

Im going with 1 a day minimum from now on too. Its tough to gain custys here in Kingston upon thames area but you can get 1-2 a day if you try really hard. Canvassing only way fwd too around here

Back