Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How many leaflets over a year?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

How many leaflets do u plan to drop this year ?

• around 96k (8,000 leaflets per month)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • around 180k (15,000 leaflets per month)

• around 360k (30,000 leaflets per month)

• around 480k (40,000 leaflets per month)

• over 600k+ ( 60,000 +leaflets per month)

• Total voters
As far as I know and unless things have changed Lee isn't in debt to anyone.He sold his house and used the equity he had in it to invest in the business.The business owes him back this money but he chooses not to take it at the minute and reinvests the profit in to further growth.

No one really owns a business but they all say they do. The bank owns the business and can make it fold by calling in the debt. He has 10 vans so that means 10 wages every month. Say a company owes the business money and refuses to pay like Carillon then what can he do? He can refuse to do more work but then he has to pay off staff that do that work or keep doing the work and Hope he gets paid. Carillon goes bust and the bank gets nervous and asks for collateral in the form of his house. He hasn't got a house so the bank doesn't increase his company's  overdraft and he can't pay his staff so the company goes bust. Over 90% of new companies go bust in the first 5 years. Cash is always King. 

No one really owns a business but they all say they do. The bank owns the business and can make it fold by calling in the debt. He has 10 vans so that means 10 wages every month. Say a company owes the business money and refuses to pay like Carillon then what can he do? He can refuse to do more work but then he has to pay off staff that do that work or keep doing the work and Hope he gets paid. Carillon goes bust and the bank gets nervous and asks for collateral in the form of his house. He hasn't got a house so the bank doesn't increase his company's  overdraft and he can't pay his staff so the company goes bust. Over 90% of new companies go bust in the first 5 years. Cash is always King. 
Very sorry  to say this but you really haven't got a clue about business and finance. Please don't think because you've read the odd book that you are some kind of expert.

The irony is is that with this industry, assuming he's majority residential, is that he's probably cash positive. He only needs a financial institution to handle his payments.

You do talk a lot of rubbish on here Scottish.

You can't compare Carillon to a small window cleaning business they are worlds apart.

I wouldn't normally talk about other peoples business but Lee is very transparent and will openly talk about his figures and what he is doing.

Pryors aren't new his been going years he sold his house to release the money to self fund a quick and fast growth without needing the bank.

Even before this he had a good few vans out and done well.He doesn't draw all the money out so he has plenty of running capital left.His business owes him personally he isn't going to call in his own loan and send him self under.He also I believe now owns a property again.

Pryors are also 90% domestic and he won't take any new work on with out them signing up to go cardless or direct debit.For a  multi van set up he will have very,very minimal rolling or outstanding debt.Each month the work gets done that same month all the money drops in due to his payment methods.

Lee sometimes comes on forums although his stoped a bit recently which is a shame as he had some good business knowledge especially with  things like leaflets and payments.

You do talk a lot of rubbish on here Scottish.

You can't compare Carillon to a small window cleaning business they are worlds apart.

Carillion and a small company are no different bar the numbers they deal with. My mate runs his own window cleaning company and his mate fell from a ladder that he told him to climb when cleaning a window. His wife told him this :- We have 3 years to Sue you or your company which her lawyer told her! He had to keep him sweet for 3 years or his company would have probably went under. A wife or husband can one day ask their partner for a divorce and receive half of the business which may need to be sold to cover it. Although my mates call me Mystic Mick even I don't know the future because anything can happen, ask Derek Mackay. A worker can be killed when he is working for a small window cleaning company, then H&SE will be all over it and may shut it down immediately. My friend ran a fantastic house building company call Kelvin Homes and then he had a stroke and was out of action for 2 years. When he was fit enough to return it went bust. My mum and dad ran their own hotel for nearly 50 years and I grew up in it and I'm 53 years old. I have that much experience regarding running a business that I find it impossible to teach young folk because they have no experience. I hope their companies do well but ones that expand fairly quickly can get into a lot of trouble and I'm not talking just about money. fwiw

out of interest, what debt do you think he is in??

its all internally financed to my knowledge, Im pretty sure the vans arent even on hp

20% of small businesses fail in their first year, 30% of small business fail in their second year, and 50% of small businesses fail after five years in business. Finally, 70% of small business owners fail in their 10th year in business.

There is very little risk if one is a sole trader but its the moment one starts to expand that the risk also grows.

The above is the statistics, I don't make them up but I always have problems trying to get people to understand them. fwiw

20% of small businesses fail in their first year, 30% of small business fail in their second year, and 50% of small businesses fail after five years in business. Finally, 70% of small business owners fail in their 10th year in business.

There is very little risk if one is a sole trader but its the moment one starts to expand that the risk also grows.

The above is the statistics, I don't make them up but I always have problems trying to get people to understand them. fwiw

Lol I should be safe and sound now then ????

Maybe you should heed your own advice and the statistics and whatever your books tell you, yet with respect you can't take in advice given on here and still struggle with the basic of things which is to clean windows without issue and make a real success of window cleaning, you really make me shake my head in disbelief many times over 

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe you should heed your own advice and the statistics and whatever your books tell you, yet with respect you can't take in advice given on here and still struggle with the basic of things which is to clean windows without issue and make a real success of window cleaning, you really make me shake my head in disbelief many times over 
200.gif

Back