Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How Much For This Glass Roof?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

tuffers your dunky,s no1
Hour and a half, 2 top windows, roof, gutter clean on conny, windows of conny facing and side. Didn't take pics as the roof was well manky inside too, so couldn't see the benefit really. The Velux things came up well. Used SLX-35 with pencils in a dual trim flocked with flow on 99 and diluted Virosol.

nice one tuffers got rain here all day are you working todaymust try some virosol do you use it on first cleans tuffers
Supposed to be on a job at 9am, just pished down here. Will be using diluted Virosol at 1:5 for the uPVC. Pure water on the conny roof.

Indeed but you never know if you don't try as it's so easy to sell every job on price alone.

The one I did on friday was worth £130 for a 3 x 5 m apex roof with 1 box gully style & 2 sides. Plus £xxx amount for the inside :rolleyes:

It can be a thin line between getting a decent paid job and pricing high and getting nowt though @Smurf. I priced one last week, agreed a price, then he changed his mind :mad: That one was priced at £80 for conny roof and side windows.

I never done a roof before, when cleaning them do you guys stand on a scaffolding or ladders?
Personally I use ladders. Scaffold would take too much time and be too expensive.

Conservatory ladders would be preferred, but are too expensive for the number of cony roofs that I do. You can use extension ladders with care on some cony roofs, or better would be free standing steps or combination ladders.

me usually use ladders but i try and dodge roofs if i can as they can be hard work...usually one ladder up one side and reach the roof all over with pole and then to the other side but there is usually a bit i cant quite reach at the end so a third climb...

i will be smurfin my prices for all work shortly..../emoticons/biggrin.png

i am supposed to fit 8 different jobs in today....i managed to put one of so far til monday telling him its going to rain over the weekend....but the money in the shed no one in one well i gotta squeeze that one in...:rolleyes:

I never done a roof before, when cleaning them do you guys stand on a scaffolding or ladders?
I do them from the ground and if there's a tight space I'll get the step ladder out. They are a pig to rinse off properly though. Probably best to start on the finial and clean both sides of it before starting on the glass/polycarb.

ohhh i not like step ladders...they creep me out..something to do with one breaking on me...have you got a good stable one as i will need one soon..../emoticons/smile.png

Conservatory roofs come in all different shapes and sizes and many have awkward access issues. I have learnt that to deep clean a conservatory roof properly you need to be up close and personal to be able to see what you are doing. Therefore I carry various access equipment and tools etc to be able to tackle the job in hand including an easi-dec conservatory roof ladder.

Some jobs you may need access from next door be it their flat roof or garden to be able to get to the conservatory roof that side. Other times you will have to work from the front of the conservatory if the sides are abutted to a wall off the house or ground floor pitched roof extension.

I deep clean all types but you need to charge well to make it worth the hassle & time spent working on them as most jobs I get can be pigs to do properly.

Latest Posts

Back