Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

10 years on the glass this year!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I am root beer

This year marks 10 years on the glass for me! Specifically February 2014 when a family friend of mine taught me the trade. Started off as Traditional and then been WFP since Mid 2019!

Any ideas on how to celebrate this milestone? I’m not a material man so don’t want anything like that, or how about a giveaway for the customers. For one lucky customer the next 10 years worth of cleans are free?
Any other suggestions?

This year marks 10 years on the glass for me! Specifically February 2014 when a family friend of mine taught me the trade. Started off as Traditional and then been WFP since Mid 2019!

Any ideas on how to celebrate this milestone? I’m not a material man so don’t want anything like that, or how about a giveaway for the customers. For one lucky customer the next 10 years worth of cleans are free?
Any other suggestions?
Maybe treat yourself to something that would make work easier like an electric hose reel or an extreme pole. Customers come and go, it's you that has been working for 10 years so you deserve something!

So after over 40 years of window cleaning I’ve invested in a full water fed pole system service.

After 14 months I am still steadily loosing customers due to spotting being left on the windows after the drying process is completed.

My water is running at zero I also live in a soft water area .

My work is 90% estate based so not working on exceptionally dirty main roads.

It is very frustrating that some windows are completely spotless yet many other windows still produce spotting even though my water reads zero . All the frames have now been fully cleaned after 14 months of pole cleaning .

Any suggestions on what is going wrong?

25 years come April for me and I could definitely do with something to make my life easier like a new body ?

After 25 years of window cleaning I treated myself to a brand new van with heated drivers seat,9kw diesel heater and PF electric reel.

That was 6 years ago.best thing ever for an easier working day for me.

Maybe treat yourself to something that would make work easier like an electric hose reel or an extreme pole. Customers come and go, it's you that has been working for 10 years so you deserve something!
A solid answer, I currently work with the SLX 35 and have been eyeing up the SuperMax 35. The thing is though my original SLX 35 is still in perfect condition, I’ve replaced two sections in almost 5 years. Don’t think I can justify spending £600 on something I don’t really need. When my current SLX 35 gives up I’ll definitely invest in the SuperMax though. But thank you a solid suggestion Ched?

A solid answer, I currently work with the SLX 35 and have been eyeing up the SuperMax 35. The thing is though my original SLX 35 is still in perfect condition, I’ve replaced two sections in almost 5 years. Don’t think I can justify spending £600 on something I don’t really need. When my current SLX 35 gives up I’ll definitely invest in the SuperMax though. But thank you a solid suggestion Ched?
The SLX35 and SuperMax 35 are both about 2150gms the xtreme 35 is a bit lighter at 1650gms but is significantly more than either!
Do you use a 35ft pole as your everyday pole? If so could you do some of your work with a shorter lighter pole to take a bit of strain of your body?

Are you saying you only use a slx35?

The SLX35 and SuperMax 35 are both about 2150gms the xtreme 35 is a bit lighter at 1650gms but is significantly more than either!
Do you use a 35ft pole as your everyday pole? If so could you do some of your work with a shorter lighter pole to take a bit of strain of your body?
Yes I only have the one pole which is SLX35, perhaps I could get a smaller pole for the work where I’m on the jobs with smaller houses.

Yes I only have the one pole which is SLX35, perhaps I could get a smaller pole for the work where I’m on the jobs with smaller houses.
Only you know your work but working all day with a 35 ft pole is some going. You must have massive forearms! Treat yourself to some think like an slx22 or an xtreme22 and an extreme tapertec brush and your arms and shoulders will think they are on holiday!

Any other suggestions?
hi bud well done lad me iv been getting the sh,,t off windows 41yrs tomorrow enjoyed it nothing better great way to earn a living well done laddie keep at it

Latest Posts

Back