Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

The Cost Of Living Crisis And Your Business!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hi, I haven't been on here for a while but I'll dive right in.  I'm starting to get cancellations with reasons given such as "Due to a change of circumstances" blah blah blah, since 2008 there has been some sort of recessions or economic crisis but now we are entering a critical point where millions of hard working people who will be hit most are going to experience hardship. During the last 14 years we have seen fuel prices rocket, energy prices soar and food prices significantly increase, on top of that goods, services and equipment and materials have become more expensive, website costs have increased by as much as 300%,, I bought some resin last week and Unger had put the price up by a whopping £10, this is not a good time of year as Christmas which I can't stand seems to impact business badly about a month before and a month after. This country is already heading in to economic disaster for which there is no turning back due to Brexit and last year alone export sales to Germany were down by 9 billion pounds and that's just one country we trade with, so my question is do we increase prices and risk losing even more business? There will be a lot of families sitting around the dinner table over the next few months suggesting that "the window cleaner will have to go", the last time something not as bad as this this happened  everyone seemed to be in denial?            
Raise your prices or lose your business!

ive raised 3-5% according to our national consumer-index. No one have said anything. 

I must say the government have been very charitable with our money! It seems to be catching. Prince Andrew has just donated £12,000,000 to a lady's charity, and he has  never met her! ?
It appears that money will stop you from being charged with being a nonce and dirty pervert. Hoping to sweep it under the capert quickly to avoid ruining mummy's platinum party 

FB_IMG_1645104786033.jpg

Common market was great idea. The problem is each country is very different culturally. What was acceptable to one wasn't to another....

I'm just glad we didn't have the Euro as our currency due to lack of control.
How have we benefitted for not having the euro as currency can you prove this the pound is weak?

I am not losing customers at the moment or planning price rises due to the economic circumstances. The majority of households will be hit hard by the price rises that are happening across the board from electricity and gas to the price of filling your tank or buying  a loaf. And significantly these rises are all hitting at once, so are focusing peoples minds on their household budgets.

And I agree that it is nothing to do with Brexit, more the Governments  power strategy over years and it,s handling of the pandemic that we are now having to pay for.

I have been increasing my prices over the last 6 months in anticipation of higher inflation/costs....

Not knocking Gardiners ( great products) but ordered a new back pack tonight at total cost ( vat/shipping incl) of £162...in May 2019 the same order was £120 !!!!

If you haven't increased  your prices then do it or you will be going to the wall...!!!!

Latest Posts

Back