Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

The Cost Of Living Crisis And Your Business!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Just grateful that we have plenty of typhoons on standby guarding our airspace 24/7 
Nice to hear that Austin. I worked developing the engines and after burners for them ?

I will keep quiet about my work on the gas turbines in the Type 45 destroyers and carriers - PS it wasn't a design flaw that limits warm water operation - someone messed up on the specs - not me!!!!

Nice to hear that Austin. I worked developing the engines and after burners for them ?

I will keep quiet about my work on the gas turbines in the Type 45 destroyers and carriers - PS it wasn't a design flaw that limits warm water operation - someone messed up on the specs - not me!!!!
Not to be pedantic, but aren't specs part of the design? ??

Not to be pedantic, but aren't specs part of the design? ??
Not quite, part of the specifications are the environmental conditions the engine is to work in. The design is the solution to the specs. In the same way the intercooler and recuperator are design solutions to reduce fuel consumption at part power which was part of the specifications.

I hope for your sakes that it does not happen.
46 now so not likely unless it escalates to a big conflict but still always a worry as I thought those days were well behind me now.

I got a few mates round here all work for mbda and aerospace and a lot of the missiles around now they have designed or made the guidance systems.

The Tory government said from the beginning it would take 5-10 years before we really feel the benefits of Brexit.

So how do you know it’s idiotic?
It's economic common sense farmers lost the EU subsidy meaning meat, dairy products and vegetable price increases were passed on to customers this impacts on families and effects our business please look at the bigger picture and reality?

The person that got the abuse admitted to working indoors, and their staff as well. They were also anti vax, whilst the stick they got was well over the top they were working illegally and deserved some of it.
Also some illegally claimed the Coronavirus Government Grant whilst picking up more work.

We will do nothing if it kicks off as we rely on the fuel in Europe. 

Although we have north sea fuel etc we sell it on to others. 

I hope so anyway as I can be called up same as @Apw1210etc as we have experience. 
This country was short sited and sold off our energy to other countries talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

46 now so not likely unless it escalates to a big conflict but still always a worry as I thought those days were well behind me now.

I got a few mates round here all work for mbda and aerospace and a lot of the missiles around now they have designed or made the guidance systems.
Great age 46 

It's economic common sense farmers lost the EU subsidy meaning meat, dairy products and vegetable price increases were passed on to customers this impacts on families and effects our business please look at the bigger picture and reality?
"The EU subsidy". 

All the EU does is take our own money then give it back to us a "subsidy" minus of course there costs.

Its some scam and a great gravy train for failed or retiring politicians.

Many reasons for rising costs but mostly due to the world opening back up again. And mostly the mad printing of money by governments all over the world.

Ps. stop reading the guardian etc 

We didn’t qualify for the grant , but the wording was if you had been adversely affected you could claim it didn’t matter if you had picked up more work or not , so ones could legitimately claim the first payment . 
I seem to remember one of the criteria for the grant was 'have you spend any money on PPE due to covid'. So if you bought masks for staff in your vans or hand sanitiser then you were eligible for at least one of the grants.

I seem to remember one of the criteria for the grant was 'have you spend any money on PPE due to covid'. So if you bought masks for staff in your vans or hand sanitiser then you were eligible for at least one of the grants.
While this is true. Adversely effected was open up for misinterpretation.There were plenty of window cleaners who took that to mean losing a couple of £15.00 house and £100 on PPE.

I know domestic cleaners who worked all the way through a couple even said how good the pandemic was for new business with every one at home and yet still took £15k in grants.

It may take a bit of time as Hmrc has bounce back loans and other things to sort first but I wouldn't be surprised if they come knocking for some.

Last edited by a moderator:
We didn’t qualify for the grant , but the wording was if you had been adversely affected you could claim it didn’t matter if you had picked up more work or not , so ones could legitimately claim the first payment . 
I believe this covers the first 2 or 3 grants, the wording changed for the 3rd or 4th and anyone taking that one will need to be able to prove they were affected.

The area where most fraud was committed was in the Bounce Back Loans. People have taken them, used them to pay off overdrafts, guaranteed by their house, and have no intention of trading again.

I’ve got a mate who works in construction, he’s on PAYE, claimed the first 3 grants and is boasting his accountant has told him he’s in the clear.

This has p*ssed me off ?

"The EU subsidy". 

All the EU does is take our own money then give it back to us a "subsidy" minus of course there costs.

Its some scam and a great gravy train for failed or retiring politicians.

Many reasons for rising costs but mostly due to the world opening back up again. And mostly the mad printing of money by governments all over the world.

Ps. stop reading the guardian etc 
Absolutely! Our money siphoned off by the EU to their top tables without us having any say in it. Some few crumbs then slid off the table to appease us, the poor gullible "sheeple".

Absolutely correct on it being a gravy train for failed and retiring politicians as well. And none of them held to financial account as far as I can make out.

Common market was great idea. The problem is each country is very different culturally. What was acceptable to one wasn't to another....

I'm just glad we didn't have the Euro as our currency due to lack of control.

I’ve got a mate who works in construction, he’s on PAYE, claimed the first 3 grants and is boasting his accountant has told him he’s in the clear.

This has p*ssed me off ?
My accountant told me I'd have been just fine claiming all 3 grants, doesn't mean he was right, I took the first one as I thought like everyone else we were in for a very rough time and maybe not working for sometime, I can sleep at night knowing I didn't overstep the mark

My accountant told me I'd have been just fine claiming all 3 grants, doesn't mean he was right, I took the first one as I thought like everyone else we were in for a very rough time and maybe not working for sometime, I can sleep at night knowing I didn't overstep the mark
I can sleep very well and took all 3, I have emails from customers saying current jobs, and some future jobs, were cancelled, or delayed due to Covid.

Latest Posts

Back