Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How much would you charge

WCF

Help Support WCF:

But you can negotiate your insurance, hotels, etc etc

I don't think you can negotiate insurance you can shop around but not offer to pay what you think it’s worth , again if a hotel room is £100 per night you will be told what to do if you offer them £80 , if I go into Tesco and potatoes are £1 per kg I cannot say I’ll pay you 75 pence per kg , I can go to Lidl and pay less but I cannot negotiate with Tesco saying that there Price is to dear and will they match lidles price , if I want it cheaper I have to go else ware . 

I negotiate my car, van, household insurance every year. If they don't drop it to a level I'm happy with I go elsewhere. There are quite a few supermarkets near me and I will shop at the one that is cheaper than the others. I have favourites in virtually everything I buy but not to the point where I'll pay more than I think I should. Our services are very similar, if you're in a position where you don't have to negotiate then fair play. There's lots of people that are prepared to negotiate, I do it for a £100 on £10k deals in my other line of business. Don't understand why anyone trying to get a better deal for themselves rattles so many cages. Some might say no, some will appreciate the chance to negotiate. As long as you get a price you're prepared to work for then there's no harm done, in my eyes. 

You are comparing a commodity, that has an intrinsic value, to a service that hasn't. You can't live without food but you can live without getting your windows cleaned. 

Soffits, fascia and gutters 
Ahh,ok thanks mate ?.

I don't think you can negotiate insurance you can shop around but not offer to pay what you think it’s worth , again if a hotel room is £100 per night you will be told what to do if you offer them £80 , if I go into Tesco and potatoes are £1 per kg I cannot say I’ll pay you 75 pence per kg , I can go to Lidl and pay less but I cannot negotiate with Tesco saying that there Price is to dear and will they match lidles price , if I want it cheaper I have to go else ware . 
Negotiation takes on different perspectives of understanding.

Hey Pjj...

Your clean on a £1.4million pad..

I had a very recent job on a place probably around £3.5/4 mill...windows on house all round for £80 took couple hours...She wanted awkward too get too windows done & skylight over car port.I just use WFP's 35ft reach.Again,wanting extra to take advantage.She was so pleased,job'll be every 6 weeks.Only down side - im not allowed to take photo's for my website.

Just had back

"Hi Josh, that sounds quite a lot more than I expected but thanks for having a look."

My price I went for was 250, and to be honest I actually thought it was quite expensive myself but didn't want to undersell myself, hence asking on here. Appreciate all the responses but just wondering if 250 for this was a realistic price?

Means I'll have to find another excuse for buying a gutter vac now ??
Hey Josh.Youll get ALOT of..I thought that was expensive...bs..trying to get you to lower your price!...Im find a similar thing at the moment with Window Cleans - some are filthy,i mean bad!..I'll charge extra for my time & water too...Regular cleans price will reduce after initial clean(s).

Back