Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How to attach garden hose gun to hose on trolley

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Chris34

Is there a way to attach a garden hose gun to the ez snap from the pure freedom trolley?

The hose is 8mm with the coupling (snap connector) allowing for a 6mm male connector (the one for the pole hose). What I want to do is have it as a straight through 8mm (no reducing to 6mm) to a gun that I can use. Is there a way of having it go larger from an 8mm to a larger gun / connector?

I've looked and looked but I cannot work out if it's possible. Anyone have any ideas?

Screenshot_20220911-181920.jpgCan you make a connection with one of these, a bit of 8mm to your ez snap and however much garden hose you need/want before the trigger/gun. I use that from my big boy backpack when want to use a garden hose (though that came with an actual clink click hose connector onto the pu hose from the backpack, then I used one of these to 20m of 8mm hose to my brush/pole but have a connection with push fit fittings to this barb to garden hose connector so can use a garden hose trigger)

View attachment 27355Can you make a connection with one of these, a bit of 8mm to your ez snap and however much garden hose you need/want before the trigger/gun. I use that from my big boy backpack when want to use a garden hose (though that came with an actual clink click hose connector onto the pu hose from the backpack, then I used one of these to 20m of 8mm hose to my brush/pole but have a connection with push fit fittings to this barb to garden hose connector so can use a garden hose trigger)
Thanks for the suggestion and I've not seen ones like that with an 8mm barb. That would probably work if I didn't have to have the ez snap, basically remove the ez snap and replace with that. I'm looking at finding a way that I can change between using the wfp hose barb to using a hoselock gun with quick release connections.

Have you got a spare male ez snap end you can have on one end of 6" of 8mm hose then that connector above to your hose/gun nozzle then you can swap pole hose for the gun nozzle attachment? Something like these but with a male end for ez snap.Screenshot_20220911-214032.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220911-214015.jpg
    Screenshot_20220911-214015.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 8
Have you got a spare male ez snap end you can have on one end of 6" of 8mm hose then that connector above to your hose/gun nozzle then you can swap pole hose for the gun nozzle attachment? Something like these but with a male end for ez snap.

I think I understand what you mean, but the male barb that would go into the ez snap would be 6mm would it not? What I'm trying to do is have it 8mm minimum with no pinch point (no bits that are below 8mm), going greater than 8mm is fine but I don't want to strangle the flow in any way if you know what I mean.

So I've just come across this

Going from the trolley pump as it currently is I have the hose with the ez snap on the end, I then plug in the 6mm barb that has the 5mm pole hose attached.

What I'm thinking is using the above link, well remove the ez snap and put this on

Then that allows me to plug in standard hoselock type stuff into it, which is pretty simple.

But to then go back to using the wfp I'm thinking using one of these

1662933117275.png
And basically have that plugged into the first one and have a very short 8mm pipe (same as the one coming from the pump) with the ez snap connected on the other end. That way I can switch between the two but the 8mm will only be reduced when using the WFP, but the other one will be straight 8mm.

My heads spinning a bit, I hope it's right, lol.

I don't think it will, when I've had a ez snap fail on me and stay in the open position, water gushes out, that's when it's at 8mm.

I’ve tried it for hosing off the dogs or my boots and it was rubbish! I put it on 1/2in straight from the pump outlet.

I’ve tried it for hosing off the dogs or my boots and it was rubbish! I put it on 1/2in straight from the pump outlet.
Was it on full on the controller? I'm not looking at blasting anything, I'm just looking at a good flow of water. tbh just the flow from the brush is probably good enough, I just need a gun instead of a brush though.

Latest Posts

Back