Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How to clean 20 maintenance houses a day in around 6 hours

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Couldn’t agree more we are exactly the same this is why we have kept our largest commercial contract for 20 years we arnt the cheapest by a long way in fact 3-4 times dearer than the other quotes but the reason we have kept this work is beacause the client wants the job done right every time without any corners being cut , I think in 20 years of doing this work we have had less than a handful of complaints , and then it’s been really minor stuff ware a window was accidentally missed or not done due to cracked glass etc , every job every time is done 100% right this isn’t boasting it’s just the way I work and expect my guys to do the same , we are charging for  a top quality job and that’s what the customer expects and gets 
Thats the way ive run from the start, do the job properly first clean and every clean there after.

Pretty sure i wouldnt have got so much work so quickly by word of mouth if i 'cut corners'

All this ‘don’t chat with customers, don’t look at your phone, don’t have lunch breaks’ , are you really that desperate for that bit of extra cash?

I like to enjoy my day. No rushing about like a blue ar5e fly, scoff up if I’m hungry and a little chat with my customers.

Still earn great money, don’t burn myself out and enjoy my day ???‍?
Haha

Everyone is different i guess.

I like to get out at 8 and be back home for 2. Work 3 or 4 days a week, get it done as quick as possible then get home to live my life. Pottering about and talking to customers doesnt interest me, i dont do it for enjoyment i do it to earn money i get my enjoyment outside of work.

The only way to hit your target is either speed up or charge more.As you've not long started if you win every job you quote you're too cheap.

In all serious never ever worry or  think about what others can or can't achieve in terms of work.These forums would have you believe you're not doing well if you don't earn 300 a day for part time hours.There is a lot of B@ll S@£T on these forums/facebook.

And allways clean windows like you're being watched because chances are you are.

I have picked up work from people cutting corners and know quite a few that have lost jobs because of this.

Last edited by a moderator:
All this ‘don’t chat with customers, don’t look at your phone, don’t have lunch breaks’ , are you really that desperate for that bit of extra cash?

I like to enjoy my day. No rushing about like a blue ar5e fly, scoff up if I’m hungry and a little chat with my customers.

100% mate! When I started it was 8-4, as much cash as I could. Quickly realised I was going to burn out. Now I’m 9-3 (average) and enjoy it a lot more. ?

Leave your phone alone, leave it in the van, it just wastes time  

Don’t chat to customers. Be polite and friendly, but no more. Unless there is a problem, or they are in difficulty.

Bring food with you so, you don’t drive around looking for somewhere to eat. 

Don’t keep stopping for a snack. I cut my sandwiches in small chunks, so I can eat on the go. I don’t stop for lunch as I struggle to get started again. 

Get stuck in. Work hard and with purpose, but don’t rush. 
Sounds too much of a rush for me....I always have 30 mins for lunch in the van and will stop for a 5 min chat here and there with a customer.....I usually have a Bluetooth earbud in so I answer my phone with my watch and can chat away while still cleaning....?

The only way to hit your target is either speed up or charge more.As you've not long started if you win every job you quote you're too cheap.

In all serious never ever worry or  think about what others can or can't achieve in terms of work.These forums would have you believe you're not doing well if you don't earn 300 a day for part time hours.There is a lot of B@ll S@£T on these forums/facebook.

And allways clean windows like you're being watched because chances are you are.

I have picked up work from people cutting corners and know quite a few that have lost jobs because of this.
I always cut corners and splash and dash as much as possible and very rarely lose a job....?

That's a lot of bathroom windows missed, proper old skool ?
What app do u use iron 

Round management & experience.

Today we did 4 sites 

7am start, on site 8.00 19 houses, off site 9.45 (1 van move)

Site 2 arrive 10.15 5 houses plus signage, off site 10.45 (no van move)

Site 3 arrive 11.00 14 houses plus signage, off site 12.45 (1 van move)

Site 4 arrive 1pm 4 houses plus signage, off site at 1.30 (1 van move)
Bloody he’ll top man

Good man Steve no point in having heart attacks when older 

Sounds too much of a rush for me....I always have 30 mins for lunch in the van and will stop for a 5 min chat here and there with a customer.....I usually have a Bluetooth earbud in so I answer my phone with my watch and can chat away while still cleaning....?
Once I stop, I struggle to start again, so I avoid it if I can. 
 I only work 4 days a week , so I try to cram as much as possible in the 4 days as I can. 
As for chatting, I will on occasion, but generally I’d rather get on, than chat about the weather. 

It was rough out there today....worked 930am-1230pm then sacked it off as it was too windy with heavy showers..

Still a good earning day for hours worked as I cleaned a few large houses and a large church....?

Lol you did better than us today it was far to windy to work 3 vans 6 guys total earned £18 ???
Being inland we didn't have it too bad. We got our three hours that were planned done. Not working tomorrow because of the bad forecast but planning on working Thursday and Friday as the forecast is better during the day.

Back