Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hypo and Anthracite windows

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Mx19

Hi All,

I've potentially got a job coming up softwashing a house. I've done a little bit so far and quite a lot of biocide application in the last year, but this house has Anthracite windows and I was wondering if this is something to be extra careful with? Or if anyone has experience with them. I will probably be using Benz Lightning Cleanze due to the ease of having it all prepped with surfactant etc.

Thanks a lot!

Screenshot 2022-01-18 at 20.57.49.png

If you're already thinking of using Benz products their Tornado Cleanze is another option for delicate areas - brush / roll on gel version of Lightning Cleanze. But still keep frames wet for rinse off.

and btw they've got a new website to order from if in Britain - http:// www.benzsoftwash.co.uk

Hi All,

I've potentially got a job coming up softwashing a house. I've done a little bit so far and quite a lot of biocide application in the last year, but this house has Anthracite windows and I was wondering if this is something to be extra careful with? Or if anyone has experience with them. I will probably be using Benz Lightning Cleanze due to the ease of having it all prepped with surfactant etc.

Thanks a lot!

View attachment 26296
that'll come up a treat with the benz mate, just remember to pre wet the render and also spray the pvc cladding as its showing signs of growth on it,  i would be tempted to treat the areas either side of the window cills first if they are showing dark marks its just run off from the cills and on your photo just underneath the cladding on the left hand side-get rid of the darker stains first.

as a general rule treat the darker marks or stains first until you get the results you want then treat the whole area so you get an even clean result, remember to brush the benz in so the surfactant can absorb the crud and if needed rinse off the surface so you can see where you are with your intended result and re apply if needed. it might seem a right hassle but just like hypo it needs time to work and, if you work with the benz rather than against it life becomes so much easier and quicker too and you'll be using less of the benz done this way.

if its just that area you are working on then after applying the benz  go have a brew and give it time to work don't rush something that needs time to work, read a bit of a paper or have sandwich do something for a quarter of an hour or so and then re-assess where you are with it

regards kevin

@K in Kent and @kevinc250

Thanks a lot for the advice. It’s not just this area to be done but the whole property, although I think after receiving my quote he’s gone quiet so not holding my breath anyway ?

Back