Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

I can't play poker but I'm pretty good at snap

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I just don't know where I'm going wrong in maintaining it though. The only other thing I can think to do is blast it through with a hose every night like Steve Garwood says.

I was lucky I had a spare pole, my Phantom 30. I hadn't set it up so unfortunately we lost an hour going back and sorting that out. Keeping spares for poles about or even spare poles themselves is an expensive deal though.
I am not disclosing how many spares I have ? but even a cheap clx 18 would suffice 

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just about to reply with this scenario and call @Davy G a smart ar5e ??? Thats what happened with the Xtreme pole. In the past I've tapped stiff windows shut, no problems at all, I can confidently tell you this week was the coldest I've ever worked in though. It must be down to the temperatures in some way. Yesterday, despite sticking a heater in the van for an hour the hoses were frozen, took half an hour to get going. On the last job we could complete the hose froze while accessing a flat roof. Much of the same today by the look of it.
Yikes. Yeah just checked the temperatures up your way! It’s slightly warmer (2oC) here but very windy today. Good day for a van service anyway ? Do you offer to put salt down?Does it freeze over on the ground the last couple of jobs of the day in those temps? 

Yikes. Yeah just checked the temperatures up your way! It’s slightly warmer (2oC) here but very windy today. Good day for a van service anyway ? Do you offer to put salt down?Does it freeze over on the ground the last couple of jobs of the day in those temps? 
No I don`t bother with the salt. I just trad them or go over them quickly so as not to use much water. I always think it looks a bit messy salt all over the path.

I've just taken another look at the photo. I probably would do the little top openers. Like I said I clean several open windows every working day and rarely leave one unwashed.

In the situation shown I'd get the brush against the top of the glass with the water off. Then give a very short (half a second) tug of the Univalve. Enough of a tug to wet the glass but not enough to lock the Univalve open. Then a couple of quick passes with the brush against the glass and the water switched off. A couple of fast swipes on the lower frame to flick the most of the water away to finish that pane. No normal rinse on this occasion. Just a once over. The odd drop that might fall on the inside of the larger opener will do no harm and will dry very quickly. No water will go inside the house unless it's windy. In which case the small opener wouldn't get done. ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I just don't know where I'm going wrong in maintaining it though. The only other thing I can think to do is blast it through with a hose every night like Steve Garwood says.

I was lucky I had a spare pole, my Phantom 30. I hadn't set it up so unfortunately we lost an hour going back and sorting that out. Keeping spares for poles about or even spare poles themselves is an expensive deal though.
Another thing I do when I’m working, is if i see a garden tap at a reasonable height, I butt the bottom of the pole against it and give it a blast. This takes seconds.

If working when the ground is wet, it’s quite surprising how much ?falls out when you turn your pole back around.

At the end of each day, I loosen the clamps and grab the 2 litre bottle of water I keep in my van, and pour it down the pole from the bottom end, turning the pole as I do ? 

Close thread ???‍?

I am not disclosing how many spares I have ? but even a cheap clx 18 would suffice 
I've got an old SLX 27 hanging in the garage. Theres a CLX 18 which I call the training pole. I've got a Phantom 22 and a Phantom 30. But all of that has to go over 2 vans. Next investment will be a Supermax 50. Cant understand the difference between the 3k and the series 2 though, aside from the massive price increase.

Nah, just a warning to the customer there may be some puddles around the window, quick cloth wipe of the front door or miss it all together. -3 yesterday, -3 again this morning. On Thursday the water froze on the last job of the day, had to carry on Friday morning instead.

I've just taken another look at the photo. I probably would do the little top openers. Like I said I clean several open windows every working day and rarely leave one unwashed.

In the situation shown I'd get the brush against the top of the glass with the water off. Then give a very short (half a second) tug of the Univalve. Enough of a tug to wet the glass but not enough to lock the Univalve open. Then a couple of quick passes with the brush against the glass and the water switched off. A couple of fast swipes on the lower frame to flick the most of the water away to finish that pane. No normal rinse on this occasion. Just a once over. The odd drop that might fall on the inside of the larger opener will do no harm and will dry very quickly. No water will go inside the house unless it's windy. In which case the small opener wouldn't get done. ?
Sounds like a lot of effort to me that Dave ?

Another thing I do when I’m working, is if i see a garden tap at a reasonable height, I butt the bottom of the pole against it and give it a blast. This takes seconds.

If working when the ground is wet, it’s quite surprising how much ?falls out when you turn your pole back around.

At the end of each day, I loosen the clamps and grab the 2 litre bottle of water I keep in my van, and pour it down the pole from the bottom end, turning the pole as I do ? 

Close thread ???‍?
I'll give that a go mate, thank you. Another thing that crossed my mind is I'm busy wiping the pole hose and concentrating on stopping dirt getting up the pole. Meanwhile I touch the pole, potentially with dirt on my hands/gloves.

@P4dstar regarding the super max, I’ve got the series 3, 27ft with a extension to make 32ft.
They’re pretty good, not as rigid as I though they would be. Someone wrongly described them as a ‘straight scaffold pole’ no definitely not. At 32 foot it’s ok. But they’re quite heavy.

I’ve never used an extreme pole longer than 22ft, but how much more is it to get the extremes at that height? Are they more bendy at those kind of heights? I don’t know. But I guess with your recent track record, a super max is a lot harder to break. Mines a little over 2 years old, not even heard a slight crack yet. 

Back