I Made A Huge Decision

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by mark m, Feb 2, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. mark m

mark m Hero

I ask my boy to work for me full time from September . I know it does not always work out working with family that is why it is a big decision for me he is 17 in 3 months so I have said he must pass his test then I will buy him a van pay his insurance and £12000 a year what do you think? has anybody else in the same boat worked with family ?

Advertisement
  2. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

ive worked with my farther for about 6-7 years, was good, but like always there was a few run-ins! cant teach old dog new tricks etc! lol

got to think what happens if he decides not to do it after so long? or wants to go his own way with it?

but good louck and hope it works out well for you both! its always good to have someone that you know and can trust!

3. Dodger

Dodger Hero

Got to be a good idea Mark, it's not like you'll be under each others feet if he's in his own van. Who can you trust more than ya own son I'd say and when the time comes to retire (obviously 40 yrs time) who better to take the reigns.

4. mr shine

mr shine Guru

as said working separetly should help ,family and business dosent always work , if he has an interest in the work then it should go well. i worked in the family business on and off for years and there was plenty of arguements and eventually i worked elsewere .good luck with it anyway.

5. OoO

OoO Guest

Me and dad worked together for a few years. But we are like best friends so was easy.

6. Richard

Richard Forum Addict

I think it s good idea; you’re in a position to help/teach him to make a living on his own.

Richard

7. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

I work with my pops... And I hope when my 2 boys leave school at least 1 will want to be a window cleaner so I can retire

8. shazzy692002

Personally i would send him to college/6 form, you spend a lot of years working, should enjoy the years you dont have to work. get as many qualifications as you can.

you never know if the day comes and they cant do a physical job, at least then they have qualifications to fall back on.

I would like my son to take over mine one day, but 1st i want him to complete school and further education. (learn from my mistakes).

9. harunh

harunh Legend

Cant beat having family running the budiness with u :)

Atleast u know u can trust them.

With ordinary workers u got to keep an eye on them etc

But cant beat family , wish i had sum 1 in my family helping me

10. nwcs

nwcs Forum Addict

U may need the 12k just to pay his insurance lol

Advertisement