Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Regenerate di resin

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Over to me /emoticons/smile.png

Regeneration very risky, if you have no knowledge do not do it. You have to separate Anions and Cations before you do that process plus in the end you could risk making sulphuric acid. It is not cost effective on low volume.

By setting your R/O system like that you will find your output ppm will have increase. The membranes will work harder at that ratio so will not last that long.

I've had the ro system for about 3yrs so the restrictors have passed thousands and thousands of litres through them, and they r just tiny brass inserts, i figured they may have opened up slightly just from shear volume (i bought 2 ro units but they where intended for under sink water on demand for domestic use).

It's set up now to produce 800ml pure to 1200ml waste, out put ppm is around 40, pressure is about 100psi.

The membranes data sheet claims max pressure 300psi so i didn't think it would hammer them too much, I may look into a smaller pump then eventually replace membranes for a 4021 or summat!

If you really want to regen the resin a windy told me last year he does the same. He microwaves it. God knows how but prehaps Google that...

Back