Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ignore me if you like.....

WCF

Help Support WCF:

View attachment 14190This is from last week. 2% hypo.

Had long finished the job. Was packing up and this was a few drips left in the hose from my mixing tank to my main reel.

I do admit the freckles have been there a lot longer though.
looks nasty that,i have read that hypo can gain access through the skin aswell as the fumes getting into the lungs that way and causing shortness of breath etc,i've had the shortness of breath before with hypo hence i use a respirator made for this and other substances should it ever go wrong i know i'm safe.

a long sleeved waterproof top would have prevented that green pro

Last edited by a moderator:
It is the chlorine gas that causes the problem

Better to have a respirator if doing a big job

Just for a patio type job i wouldn't bother

Just ppe to protect skin

looks nasty that,i have read that hypo can gain access through the skin aswell as the fumes getting into the lungs that way and causing shortness of breath etc,i've had the shortness of breath before with hypo hence i use a respirator made for this and other substances should it ever go wrong i know i'm safe.a long sleeved waterproof top would have prevented that green pro
I was wearing long sleeve waterproofs during the job. Took top off when finished thinking 'no bother whilst packing up'

This was a few drips left over in hose that escaped

I was wearing long sleeve waterproofs during the job. Took top off when finished thinking 'no bother whilst packing up'This was a few drips left over in hose that escaped
its an easy thing to overlook i admit i am guilty of that at times,now the first thing on and the last thing to pack away is the ppe,i've been guilty of just wearing a t shirt and not bothering with a respirator in the past-sometimes thinking its only a small job i'll not bother with the ppe.

having heard of others mishaps either through just not knowing or through ignorance

i now use an army gsr respirator,daveyboy both you and i will have used the older s10 version and know how good they were in the chambers,the newer version is much much better not a single whiff of anything through that mask

i now try to be as safe as i can when working with anything like this-a noddy suit topp may be my next buy i think and pretty much suited for purpose

the hypo gas burns the hairs in your lungs but they grow back so ive red i think a reprator is a good ider to be fair even on small jobs

Back