Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Im thinking of getting this ... lol

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I need to fit a hose reel permanently into the van now. This lifting the hose reel in and out is killing my back. It could be that having a hose reel mounted at the higher level would help as has also been suggested on here. But I don't want to leave the van doors open and will have to design a system of hose pulley guides to get the hose through the floor and out the back. The main obstacle at the back of my van is the towbar. So I need some roller guides similar to what Water Works OKGO uses on their system.
Having the reel fixed on a shelf at waist height is such a breeze to reel the hose in is a no-brainer for me.

Roller guides.....so simple to fit....no cutting of metal, just drill holes and fit ......

http://www.kiowa.co.uk/products/4-Way-Roller-Guide-Assy-Round-Face-Mounted-6---16mm-od-Hose/P00067108/11

looking at this thread is making me think my winter project is mounting my reel in the trailer permanantly, with those all angle guides on the rear corners

do you reckon a cordless drill would have the power to reel in 100m of hose?

No I doubt it. It may start off OK, but I doubt it will work consistently. I think a motor on a reel sounds dangerous to me. It you get a snag or you fingers caught, or the hose gets stuck on a corner of a brick wall etc when pulling in, you don't really want a motor to still keep pulling on it. What's wrong with a handle? I say.

anyone know what kind of fittings and bolts i would need to fix my hose reel to the back of my van? and what do i do about the water feed?
Put the tank on the outside as well. [emoji38]

Yes, you could put the hose reels on the back of the trailer. Or have a trailer behind the trailer. [emoji23]

Think its just best in the back of the van.

Latest Posts

Back