Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Information on Gutters Poles Set for a fraction of suppliers costs

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Well used my Maxblast and few problems. Vac blocked at inlet connection and had to cut hose at connection. Next thing, my camera didn't work, don't know if it was because I left it on and battery not charged. Another thing I noticed is that my 5m hose is too short and could do with a 10m hose. Redesigned my Maxblast to sit in a wheelie bin which is better to move around.

20181105_095007.jpg

Going to fit my 51mm new spinaclean inlet on my vac to see if it makes a difference. 

Good idea ?

Going to call it Dusty Bin 321. If I get a 360l bin then I can fit the poles in it aswell. Doing two gutter clears for £80 each so the Vac is paid for itself. That's the only reason I'm redesigning it because the warranty is now null and void.

Going to fit my 51mm new spinaclean inlet on my vac to see if it makes a difference. 

Going to call it Dusty Bin 321. If I get a 360l bin then I can fit the poles in it aswell. Doing two gutter clears for £80 each so the Vac is paid for itself. That's the only reason I'm redesigning it because the warranty is now null and void.
If you got another wheelie bin cut out the circumference of the vac head placed it on top of the wheelie bin and cut out the right size for the inlet in the wheelie bin it could act as the alloy collection bin.

Fitted the Spinaclean 51mm inlet to vac and off I went to clear the other customer blind because my camera wasn't working. The larger inlet is a dream, no blockages whatsoever. Had to use the ladder to fill some holes with glasswool to stop the birds and squirrels getting in. The gutters were completely clear and now I understand how you can do it without a camera, its all to do with feel. I don't think I need the camera but its handy if a customer wants to see the results. I showed my first customer the debris that was in the vac and he couldn't believe it but they hadn't been cleared in years. Yes, as someone mentioned, a cash machine, I made £160 today from two houses which pays for the Maxblaster.

Further update :- the camera does work but I left the Receiver on the on position which naturally went flat. Then I tried to charge it with the 9v lead when I should have used the Receiver lead. All working fine now, the guy was saying he is getting the Instructions rewritten because they are confusing all the new operators. :1f633:

Can't believe the price of an industrial Skyvac (£2220 including vat Plus Delivery) The Maxblast is £200 all in and not much difference on airflow (6.5k against 8k). You can fit a 51mm inlet (£95 with the hose connection) on it and its just as good as the skyvac.

Can't believe the price of an industrial Skyvac (£2220 including vat Plus Delivery) The Maxblast is £200 all in and not much difference on airflow (6.5k against 8k). You can fit a 51mm inlet (£95 with the hose connection) on it and its just as good as the skyvac.
But I'd look rather foolish turning up to a £1200 gutter job with my vac in a wheelie bin with a hole cut out of the front ?

You got a link to that adapter or a pic?, are you using 51mm hose now as well rather than the 38mm the maxblster comes with ?

https://www.spinaclean.com/skyvac-industrial-replacement-vacuum-port

https://www.spinaclean.com/hose-to-drum-cuff

I am also buying their 10m hose and their hose to pole connection. £80 for the hose and £30 for pole connection.

I just removed the maxblast inlet and fitted the spinaclean one. Had to drill a few holes and cut a small bit but

its easy to do it.

View attachment 15109
Cheers for that, does the 51mm hose just push straight into that fitting ?

You have got to buy spinaclean's £10 connection for 51mm hose and 51mm inlet. That's the problem, when you fit their inlet you need to buy their hose and both hose connections but its worth the hassle. In total its dearer than the maxblast vac but for £400 you get a 51mm vac that doesn't block. :1f609:

https://www.spinaclean.com/skyvac-industrial-replacement-vacuum-port

https://www.spinaclean.com/hose-to-drum-cuff

I am also buying their 10m hose and their hose to pole connection. £80 for the hose and £30 for pole connection.

I just removed the maxblast inlet and fitted the spinaclean one. Had to drill a few holes and cut a small bit but

its easy to do it.

View attachment 15109
Just being pedantic but isn't that inlet on upside down. Far easier to release the hose if the release catch was on the top.

I thought you were after saying **** this and chucked it.... I put mine on a sac truck, works handy, when full it's a heavy as you would expect but much easier to lug around, would agree on the 10m hose but the 5m will suffice for now, am gonna the 100mm inlet soon, order it this week, should stop the blockages I'm having. Biggest pain I find is the hose to the pole connection is fairly loose and iffy, pops off and can be annoying, how did you sort that out??? 

I use a 40 to 60mm jubilee clip. I am gluing (ct 1) and fitting a jubilee clip at the top bend onto the pole so its fixed. I have also bolted the camera bracket so it doesn't come off. Today I have a small inside paint job at church and then all the gutters to clear, let you know how I get on.

I’m using my maxblast today on a building site and it keeps bursting the bags I bought with it about to **** the whole lot in the skip

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
I never use the bags. I keep the filter on to protect the motor. I have placed a large bucket inside the drum, it fits snugly enough to catch all the muck and is made of flexible plastic so I can manipulate it underneath the inlet.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Latest Posts

Back