Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Invest in Yourself

WCF

Help Support WCF:

scottish cleaning service

I listen to plenty of self help videos on Utube. Earl Nightingale, Brian Tracy and Jim Rohn is particularly good at aiming for success. They all say investing in oneself is is the best and quickest way to succeed. Now with Utube the videos are open to everyone free of charge. If you have a spare 15mins each day then I suggest you watch one and it will help you in any business you are into. ?

If you're looking for inspiration / motivation stuff, 'The Elon Musk Show' on the BBC iPlayer is an amazing watch. He's such a misunderstood person by the mainstream people, he's looking to change mankind, the lengths he's gone to and the stress he has on his shoulders, no man on the planet is as ambitious as him. He's one of a kind. It's really well put together, definitely worth watching.

Personally, I can't listen to people waffle on to tell me how to be more positive and motivational,

I just jump in a barrel of cold water bolleck naked every morning sets me up for the day being submerged in cold water for 2-3 minutes
No me neither. Does my head in hearing people banging on about nonsense....."you can achieve anything. Nothing is impossible...." errrrm actually lots of things are.
But if these people inspire you good luck to you.
However, fair play to @scottish cleaning service for putting this up. You got a bit of good natured stick with your previous post about the car and I think it's a credit to you for responding with this post - rather than taking the bait which would've been easy to do.

No me neither. Does my head in hearing people banging on about nonsense....."you can achieve anything. Nothing is impossible...." errrrm actually lots of things are.
But if these people inspire you good luck to you.
However, fair play to @scottish cleaning service for putting this up. You got a bit of good natured stick with your previous post about the car and I think it's a credit to you for responding with this post - rather than taking the bait which would've been easy to do.
20 years in the fire service taught me alot about human behaviour. 10% will like you, 10% won't like you and 80% couldn't care less. I'm thick skinned and understand opinions are like bottoms everybody has got one. When you watch them you may get a nugget or two. I like cleaning, especially when a window sill is filthy, so I get into it with the pink stuff and scrubber. Final rinse and it comes out great and i get a sense of pride that i have achieved it. Didn't realise this was one of the things they mentioned to go that little bit extra for a customer and you end up getting more work from it. Simple but it works everytime. ?

Each to their own mate.
Do you do that on a January or February morning?
Been cold dipping for a few years now, wimped out last winter to be honest going in the lake and river, but we bought a whisky barrel this year which we have filled with water, water is 10c at the moment so fairly easy to do but have been in 5c water in a previous winter but will do every day from now until it gets to warm in the spring for me I sack it off once it gets above 14c

Been cold dipping for a few years now, wimped out last winter to be honest going in the lake and river, but we bought a whisky barrel this year which we have filled with water, water is 10c at the moment so fairly easy to do but have been in 5c water in a previous winter but will do every day from now until it gets to warm in the spring for me I sack it off once it gets above 14c
Never mind, I’m sure it won’t be long until they fit showers up north ?

It’s different I’ll give you that.
Interested to know what benefits you actually get from it mate?
For me, it simply boosts my mental health I feel very positive after a dip and that will last all day for me and into another day basically a natural high, I have been smashing my work out lately whereas in previous weeks I'd lost my mojo

Personally, I can't listen to people waffle on to tell me how to be more positive and motivational,

I just jump in a barrel of cold water bolleck naked every morning sets me up for the day being submerged in cold water for 2-3 minutes
Wim Hoff method
That guy never gets ill and does ultra marathons etc and puts it all down to cold water immersion and breathing techniques
I do it with cold showers if I feel run down
Perks you back up

Wim Hoff method
That guy never gets ill and does ultra marathons etc and puts it all down to cold water immersion and breathing techniques
I do it with cold showers if I feel run down
Perks you back up
I don't do his full breathing technique/meditation mate as I am not bothered about going off into that mental state of mind that comes with that full thing my wife has done the full meditative breathing in the past where it's a 10-minute thing just sitting in the house she ends up spaced out

I have learned to control my breathing to put myself into the right frame of mind so I don't go into shock when I jump in the water, it goes above my waist then two quick breaths and I submerge up to my chin, I couldn't do cold showers that's just mental ? way too much for me

The Wim Hoff documentary where he swam in the artic is what got my wife into it first then me, he is a complete legend for doing what was once considered impossible

I don't do his full breathing technique/meditation mate as I am not bothered about going off into that mental state of mind that comes with that full thing my wife has done the full meditative breathing in the past where it's a 10-minute thing just sitting in the house she ends up spaced out

I have learned to control my breathing to put myself into the right frame of mind so I don't go into shock when I jump in the water, it goes above my waist then two quick breaths and I submerge up to my chin, I couldn't do cold showers that's just mental ? way too much for me

The Wim Hoff documentary where he swam in the artic is what got my wife into it first then me, he is a complete legend for doing what was once considered impossible
Surely a cold shower is easier than a barrel of cold water?

I had a cold shower last week and couldn't believe how easy it was, I don't know if it did any good but having a cold shower in a warm bathroom I reckon would be miles easier than jumping into a barrel of cold water outside, no way would I want to be doing that, I'd probably get cramp and die because I couldn't get out :LOL:.

You're nuts sitting in a barrel, as long as yer happy ?

Surely a cold shower is easier than a barrel of cold water?

I had a cold shower last week and couldn't believe how easy it was, I don't know if it did any good but having a cold shower in a warm bathroom I reckon would be miles easier than jumping into a barrel of cold water outside, no way would I want to be doing that, I'd probably get cramp and die because I couldn't get out :LOL:.

You're nuts sitting in a barrel, as long as yer happy ?
Too much shock of the cold water standing under the shower, I don't do it for the easy mate also going into a meditative state that being submerged in the water for those 2-3 minutes I don't think that would happen for me in a cold shower,

You say it was easy doing the cold shower you sound like the perfect candidate for jumping into a cold barrel of water ?

You say it was easy doing the cold shower you sound like the perfect candidate for jumping into a cold barrel of water ?
? no chance :LOL: even if I wanted to the barrel would be alongside a busy public access path with dog walkers walking past someone sat in a barrel in their trunks ? I'd be talk of the town :LOL: that's my excuse.

Seriously though, the cold shower isn't that bad, it doesn't stay long enough on your skin to get you properly cold, it is a shock but the moment you move your skin is exposed to warm air. With the barrel only my little blue head would be exposed, couldn't do it, no way ? although the thought of sitting there seeing the dog walkers reaction would be amusing :LOL: 'Morning, have a lovely day!...' ?

? no chance :LOL: even if I wanted to the barrel would be alongside a busy public access path with dog walkers walking past someone sat in a barrel in their trunks ? I'd be talk of the town :LOL: that's my excuse.

Seriously though, the cold shower isn't that bad, it doesn't stay long enough on your skin to get you properly cold, it is a shock but the moment you move your skin is exposed to warm air. With the barrel only my little blue head would be exposed, couldn't do it, no way ? although the thought of sitting there seeing the dog walkers reaction would be amusing :LOL: 'Morning, have a lovely day!...' ?
You don't want Ethel and little willy walking by 1666804154686.png

Back