Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ionic systems customer service

WCF

Help Support WCF:

OGradys

Ionic systems, ionic systems, ionic systems. 

Just paid 10% deposit to have system installed in my van. I told ionic that the system needed to accommodate a 2 1/2 foot wide yanmar 3600psi pressure washer and triple motor vacuum plus accessories in side door and tank plus reels at the back, I was verbally assured that this would not be a problem so I requested an install date and went ahead, it did not even dawn on me the ramifications that the install date was over 2 weeks away. 

Beware all, your rights are waved after 2 weeks, 

When I delivered the van for install i was under the impression my order would be fulfilled and I would collect my fitted van per verbal agreement, when I went to collect I was horrified to find that no space was left from side loading door for my pressure washer and vacuum, I expressed to ionic that the install was not per my Instructions. 

The mood changed and I was asked if I had sent dimensions of the space required, I told them that I told Patrick the salesman of my requirements and waz assured it was no problem and to pay the deposit for install which I did. 

I asked ionic to move the system so I could accomadate the system and I would pay the invoice but they refused. They then asked me to pay 9k before they would move the system to where I asked, I requested they move the system before I paid but they refused and said the refitting  could not be carried out till the next week so I got a train from Swindon to Bristol then connected to Birmingham then a train from Birmingham to solihull and a taxi home. 

Over the weekend I pondered my position and cancelled the order as it was not what I requested, 

They then asked me to pay for the install and removal plus loss of deposit, I now have lost 1.2k and have no system. 

Stay away from Ionic systems. 

Ionic systems, ionic systems, ionic systems. 

Just paid 10% deposit to have system installed in my van. I told ionic that the system needed to accommodate a 2 1/2 foot wide yanmar 3600psi pressure washer and triple motor vacuum plus accessories in side door and tank plus reels at the back, I was verbally assured that this would not be a problem so I requested an install date and went ahead, it did not even dawn on me the ramifications that the install date was over 2 weeks away. 

Beware all, your rights are waved after 2 weeks, 

When I delivered the van for install i was under the impression my order would be fulfilled and I would collect my fitted van per verbal agreement, when I went to collect I was horrified to find that no space was left from side loading door for my pressure washer and vacuum, I expressed to ionic that the install was not per my Instructions. 

The mood changed and I was asked if I had sent dimensions of the space required, I told them that I told Patrick the salesman of my requirements and waz assured it was no problem and to pay the deposit for install which I did. 

I asked ionic to move the system so I could accomadate the system and I would pay the invoice but they refused. They then asked me to pay 9k before they would move the system to where I asked, I requested they move the system before I paid but they refused and said the refitting  could not be carried out till the next week so I got a train from Swindon to Bristol then connected to Birmingham then a train from Birmingham to solihull and a taxi home. 

Over the weekend I pondered my position and cancelled the order as it was not what I requested, 

They then asked me to pay for the install and removal plus loss of deposit, I now have lost 1.2k and have no system. 

Stay away from Ionic systems. 
Verbal means nothing now days, you need to have a drawn up installation plan along with detailed drawings and dimensions if you want a job to meet your requirements.

Your case may differ from others and be down to poor communication or interpretation of installation.

If you genuinely have a grievance with their service then address it with them.

You have consumer rights covered by the sale of goods act

With respect, There are always two sides to a story and coming onto a forum venting your views may affect the changes of a rectifying your installation 

Last edited by a moderator:
Verbal means nothing now days, you need to have a drawn up installation plan along with detailed drawings and dimensions if you want a job to meet your requirements.

Your case may differ from others and be be down to poor communication or interpretation of installation.

If you genuinely have a grievance with their service then address it with them.

You have consumer rights covered by the sale of goods act

With respect, There are always two sides to a story and coming onto a forum venting your views may affect the changes of a rectifying your installation 
Im just making people aware, not venting just telling how it is

You do really need to have these things in writing in this world. ?

I wonder if they didn't fit it towards the back as that might put too much load over the rear axle potentially making the van unstable to drive?

Overall it sounds like a communication failure to me.

I think your best course of action might be to speak to Trading Standards.

Good luck getting it resolved.

If you ordered at a distance i.e. over phone/email then you might be covered by the distance selling act, although I don't think that applies to custom ordered stuff - but their system is 'a standard' but the installation may not be! 

Speak to Trading Standards as they are the best way to find out your rights. 

Unfortunately unless the conversation was recorded it was one of those 'he said, she said' situations. 

I feel sorry for you being out of pocket but maybe their is a better system out there for you that could be cheaper?

9k for a system, bloody hell ?!!!

I would personally recommend xline systems. I know they've had a bad wrap for customer service in the past but from my recent experiences they've really turned things around. Always on the other end of the phone if I have any technical problems that they will talk me through, and always there to chase up an order when you've placed one. 

This doesn’t sound good I would get on to trading standards and seek their advice . How did you pay  for  the deposit ? Was it by credit card ? If so can you claim it back from them ? I certainly wouldn’t walk away from this . I had a faulty filter from them a couple of years ago they refused to do anything about it  saying it was pressure tested before it left them and it was fine , this went on for a couple of weeks , I then threatened them with legal action and surprisingly I was given a replacement filter the next day and  given £100 credit as well . Have you spoken to Ruben Reynolds??  Ask to speak to him , Patrick is ok but not that helpful Ruben in much higher up the food chain , let us know how you get on .

9k for a system, bloody hell ?!!!

I would personally recommend xline systems. I know they've had a bad wrap for customer service in the past but from my recent experiences they've really turned things around. Always on the other end of the phone if I have any technical problems that they will talk me through, and always there to chase up an order when you've placed one. 
Lol that’s cheap their top systems are around 20k with VAT and fitting ???

X line have always been fine with me. Green pro always had a problem with them. 
I rest my case!
X-Line have been great with me. To the best of my knowledge their systems aren't crash tested unfortunately so I wouldn't personally consider them for one. I bought my RO booster pump and one of their trolleys, both have performed very well. Had a small issue with the trolley which they couldn't have sorted out any faster/easier.

You do really need to have these things in writing in this world. ?

I wonder if they didn't fit it towards the back as that might put too much load over the rear axle potentially making the van unstable to drive?

Overall it sounds like a communication failure to me.

I think your best course of action might be to speak to Trading Standards.

Good luck getting it resolved
Thanks for your response, 

I am a window cleaner not an engineer  and relied on the advice of Ionic. I told them the make and model of my vehicle and what my requirements were and was assured it was not a problem. 

Thanks for the trading standards suggestion I will keep posting as I go forward. 

If I can get just 1 person to think twice about Ionic the 1k + I lost will not hurt so much. 

Back