Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ionics Reel Issue

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Neal dodson

Hi guys as anybody else had a rapido hose reel from Ionics I bought one wen I ordered my new van and system well what can I say I am now on my third one had nothing but problems with them I did get the anti snag fitted well for some reason wen it snags it blows the the control box and not the fuse they did fit a extra fuse between the control box and the motor but then for some reason I could not set the brake on it and the handle then broke they have now sent me a new one again fingers crossed this one will last as anybody else got one of these and had any problems.the thing is these are not cheep with the anti snag they cost just over £1000

Well I have always used Ionics for there systems and they are very good the best to be honest not cheep but you get what you pay for in my opinion but this is the first time I have bought a electric hose reel and thought it would be good but it’s the worst thing I have ever bought hopefully this one will last 

Well I have always used Ionics for there systems and they are very good the best to be honest not cheep but you get what you pay for in my opinion but this is the first time I have bought a electric hose reel and thought it would be good but it’s the worst thing I have ever bought hopefully this one will last 
I was just speaking to Patrick about the reels. Would a non antisnag one be better or do you have lads working for you? It seems all the issues have been the controller with the anti-snag unit. 

I made the same mistake myself with reels, went with a Powerup 3D when they first came out. It’s a good reel but tons of teething problems. I think they are more complex things than we realise & probably take a couple of years for manufactures to work out the kinks. With all the issues have you asked to return it & get your money back? I know Pure Freedom have the best right up, wish I had went with them for my reel. 

The Break setting on the reel controller can be set to match the reel. When pulling a hose of a powered reel the motor is turning backwards and generates resistance making the hose hard to pull out. The amount of resistance generated will depend on hose ID, Length of hose pulled out and Weight of the hose.  The Break setting in affect stops the motor becoming a resistor to your pulling the hose out. The higher the value Break is set the less the motor resistance.

Snag on the controller is designed to stop a person being pulled over by the hose or damaging the motor if the hose gets caught by a car wheel or Fence post. I was surprised  just how much torque reel motors can generate and the Current they pull. There are setting in the controller that can adjust the sensitivity of snag protection. Ionics would be able to advise on this.

All that said on occasion things do not work quite as expected and you hopefully will see a difference with the replacement

Cheers

Back