Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Is £12 for a bungalow too much ?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Bungalows can be deceiving they are often large properties in sizeable grounds with windows on all four sides. A conny or dormer roof windows usually Involved somewhere. Some of the ones we do have 30 odd windows on them. Also though there are the small retirement bungalows which dont even justify getting the pole out so i trad them as its often two front two back a front door and a back door 10/15 mins job done...
So the variation in price can easily be £10-£50 upwards on a regular with most being somewhere in the middle of that. I did one once that hadn’t been cleaned ever since they were installed, quoted £90 for the window clean, as well as additional for gutter clearance and fascia and soffit wash, and got the work. The windows took 2 & 1/2 hours to clean so the £90 was justified.

the situation dictates really

I paid £600 this year to service my system and may need new bits and pieces each year. So I'm adopting £8 minimum clean now for new customers. Some start and then stop and question me quite a lot then stop because they can't afford it in the first place. Other folk like the service and pay every month.

I would say that is in the fair price range, its pure down to you and how much you want to make. I have a £10 min charge.  most are £12 then the 3-4 bed houses typically £15 and 4-5 £18-20.  Its taken me years to push my prices up and be brave, just edge away and only do the work you want to for the ££ you want I would say. At the end of the day if you are happy with your pricing and money you make that is all that counts. 

Bungalows can be deceiving they are often large properties in sizeable grounds with windows on all four sides. A conny or dormer roof windows usually Involved somewhere. Some of the ones we do have 30 odd windows on them. Also though there are the small retirement bungalows which dont even justify getting the pole out so i trad them as its often two front two back a front door and a back door 10/15 mins job done...
So the variation in price can easily be £10-£50 upwards on a regular with most being somewhere in the middle of that. I did one once that hadn’t been cleaned ever since they were installed, quoted £90 for the window clean, as well as additional for gutter clearance and fascia and soffit wash, and got the work. The windows took 2 & 1/2 hours to clean so the £90 was justified.

the situation dictates really
This is so true.  I've just done a bungalow for the second time today, it's taken me just over an hour.  I've charged £25 for it but really it needs to be £30 to £35.  Just loads of glass panes and they're all self cleaning glass so the rinsing takes a lot longer.  But at the back is a big conservatory with windows on the apex and I hadn't accounted for how big the panes of glass are.  Every single pane of one side of the conservatory was covered in snail trails, up to that point I thought I'd just about get the job done in 45 minutes but realised I had under priced it, then when I hit the snail trails there was no chance, had to get degreaser out with microfibre.

It's really deceptive when there is plenty of space around the property, it makes the windows look smaller.  I'll probably start taking a tape measure with me when quoting to ensure that I don't mess up the quote.  I'm normally good with the quotes but this one... don't know what I was thinking, lol.

This is so true.  I've just done a bungalow for the second time today, it's taken me just over an hour.  I've charged £25 for it but really it needs to be £30 to £35.  Just loads of glass panes and they're all self cleaning glass so the rinsing takes a lot longer.  But at the back is a big conservatory with windows on the apex and I hadn't accounted for how big the panes of glass are.  Every single pane of one side of the conservatory was covered in snail trails, up to that point I thought I'd just about get the job done in 45 minutes but realised I had under priced it, then when I hit the snail trails there was no chance, had to get degreaser out with microfibre.

It's really deceptive when there is plenty of space around the property, it makes the windows look smaller.  I'll probably start taking a tape measure with me when quoting to ensure that I don't mess up the quote.  I'm normally good with the quotes but this one... don't know what I was thinking, lol.
Best one is , it’s only a bungalow, 

Turn up and it’s actually a danish bungalow with dormer windows ,, bigger then a 5 bed detected ?

Back in the trad days I always viewed bungalows as easier than other houses obviously cos there was no ladder work involved, but now that’s the case with any house. Sometimes you can be guilty of subconsciously thinking bungalows are quicker.  One woman I quoted recently complained when I quoted £7 for her bungalow saying her last house was 2 story and she only paid her windy £8 then. So she was complaining about saving a quid. I should’ve asked her how many windows she had on her staircase. When I switched to wfp I kept some bungalows trad because I actually thought it’d be just as quick but I’m not so sure now. 

Back