Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Is my leisure battery broken?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

An update on this....

Just to make 100% sure yesterday I changed the terminal with the loose wire. It had about 3 strings of wire left connecting it to the live terminal so I figured it might be the issue. It wasn't the issue. I managed the 5 domestic customers before I moved to the office block. When I got there it was reading 11.2 or something, lasted about an hour. 

The new marine battery I got is really heavy, has 2 handles which you really need to carry the thing. Plugged it in and it lasted all afternoon and bench charged it last night. While collecting it I asked about the warranty on the other one. They told me to bring it in and they would process the claim for me. Now @spruce make sure you're sat down for this next bit... I walked in there this evening with the old battery and both the original invoice and the new invoice. The original invoice was for £94 and the new one was £110. They have just given me a warranty refund of £110 I spent yesterday as its not my fault they don't have stock of the old one.

In conclusion I will be purchasing all batteries from Euro Car Parts from now on!!

So miracles do happen.?  I wonder if Europarts will get the warranty refund from Lion?

Part of the reason I stopped using controllers was because of them shutting the battery off when it gets low. I know it's to save the battery but when you have work to do it's annoying I'd rather kill the battery.

Part of the reason I stopped using controllers was because of them shutting the battery off when it gets low. I know it's to save the battery but when you have work to do it's annoying I'd rather kill the battery.

If the battery drops below 10.3v under load there is not much left.

Spring have an over ride but this is a safety feature build in other stuff as well, for example, Webasto and Eberspacher diesel heaters.

If the battery drops below 10.3v under load there is not much left.

Spring have an over ride but this is a safety feature build in other stuff as well, for example, Webasto and Eberspacher diesel heaters.

Yeh, what was happening i think was actually the wiring was corroded so it got less voltage to the controller making one shut off before the other...it took me a while to figure this out.

That being said i prefer working without a controller...the only setting I ever use is full wack anyway.

So miracles do happen.?  I wonder if Europarts will get the warranty refund from Lion?
The last one was Bosch. To be honest with their buying power I can’t see they would struggle. Super impressed though. Even today I would have accepted store credit, at best I was expecting a refund of the original £94. Didn’t even ask me to fill in a form.

The last one was Bosch. To be honest with their buying power I can’t see they would struggle. Super impressed though. Even today I would have accepted store credit, at best I was expecting a refund of the original £94. Didn’t even ask me to fill in a form.

Ah! Sorry, I got a little mixed up. For some stupid reason I thought it was a Lion Battery, but that's the one you nearly bought. I'm loosing it.

I was also confused when they refunded you on the £110 rather than the £94 but then I was confused before that.

I also cause confusion. My son calls me 'The Fat Controller' when I drive because he says I cause confusion and delay. I call it being courteous. ?

What's a dual range battery? ?‍♂️ Seems to be working well...

Both starter and leisure battery? Yes, as it has a CCA value (cold cranking amps) which classes it as a starter battery.

Its my opinion that this type of battery is best for most of us, especially those with added diesel heaters and electric hose reels.

The caravan industry is demanding a battery that's more than a leisure battery as it also needs to deliver power to drive a motor mover.

Last edited by a moderator:
Both starter and leisure battery? Yes, as it has a CCA value (cold cranking amps) which classes it as a starter battery.

Its my opinion that this type of battery is best for most of us, especially those with added diesel heaters and electric hose reels.

The caravan industry is demanding a battery that's more than a leisure battery as it also needs to deliver power to drive a motor mover.
None of that fancy stuff here yet. It's been cracking though. Since I installed the split charge it hasn't needed to be bench charged. I've regularly tested it with the handheld thing and it reads between 12.8 and 12.9 each night.

When it comes to married men, we will never win. My daughter in law bought me this tee shirt in Spain last year. It basicially says it all.

I like it, have you learned to agree with everything your wife says, older married men keep telling me I should just agree for a quiet life, I still haven't managed it after almost 19 years of marriage ?

I like it, have you learned to agree with everything your wife says, older married men keep telling me I should just agree for a quiet life, I still haven't managed it after almost 19 years of marriage ?

I agree. You will eventually learn how to do it. You are still young so this will come with time yet. ?

The trick is to be able to agree with the things that don't matter but not to agree to something you will regret agreeing to later, if that makes sense.

It also takes time to develop selective deafness so you filter out the general mumbo jumbo but still able to respond at approporiate times to give the impression you are paying 100% attention. We've been married 45 years next month and I still haven't mastered it. She thinks I'm generally loosing my hearing and that's the trick. When she suggests you should maybe make an appointment to get your hearing checked, then you know you've cracked it. ?

However, what I have learnt is that you need to keep an array of 'weapons' to hand. Being able to divert to conversation onto another topic midstream is a good one. It doesn't even have to make sense.

Her. "Have you thought about what we are going to do for our holidays this year?"

Me "You know, I've really been thinking about this alot recently ........... Do you actually think that the Americans landed on the moon back in 1969 or did they fake it?"

If you are in the car and the conversation gets a little 'tense,' nothing changes the topic of conversation quicker than if you intentionally wander over to the edge and run over the rumble strips. If you fake a wake up (a jolt) and shake your head a bit this adds more credability to the act and will definitely change the subject and enable you to steer the conversation in a different direction. She also get rather tense if I drive in the slow lane at the same speed as the lorries. It all diversionary tactics.

Isn't that a nice song playing on the radio? It reminds me off.......... when the radio is switched off.

Hand held thing ? you're as technically competent as me 
You know... the thingie bob for the whatcha ma call it ???

I agree. You will eventually learn how to do it. You are still young so this will come with time yet. ?

The trick is to be able to agree with the things that don't matter but not to agree to something you will regret agreeing to later, if that makes sense.

It also takes time to develop selective deafness so you filter out the general mumbo jumbo but still able to respond at approporiate times to give the impression you are paying 100% attention. We've been married 45 years next month and I still haven't mastered it. She thinks I'm generally loosing my hearing and that's the trick. When she suggests you should maybe make an appointment to get your hearing checked, then you know you've cracked it. ?

However, what I have learnt is that you need to keep an array of 'weapons' to hand. Being able to divert to conversation onto another topic midstream is a good one. It doesn't even have to make sense.

Her. "Have you thought about what we are going to do for our holidays this year?"

Me "You know, I've really been thinking about this alot recently ........... Do you actually think that the Americans landed on the moon back in 1969 or did they fake it?"

If you are in the car and the conversation gets a little 'tense,' nothing changes the topic of conversation quicker than if you intentionally wander over to the edge and run over the rumble strips. If you fake a wake up (a jolt) and shake your head a bit this adds more credability to the act and will definitely change the subject and enable you to steer the conversation in a different direction. She also get rather tense if I drive in the slow lane at the same speed as the lorries. It all diversionary tactics.

Isn't that a nice song playing on the radio? It reminds me off.......... when the radio is switched off.
I’m gonna use every one of these! You should be a marriage guidance counsellor just for blokes ? 

You know... the thingie bob for the whatcha ma call it ???

I’m gonna use every one of these! You should be a marriage guidance counsellor just for blokes ? 

No, it comes with age. The older we get the better we get at it as it becomes more natural.

As we get older the unfortunate thing is that our health deteriorates. I had a TURP op on my prostate 10 years ago which has left me with an 'over active bladder.' (A very common complaint they don't tell you about - not that it matters because after the op I could pee again.) When I get the call of nature I have to immediately respond. Whilst this issue is very frustrating when outdoors working, it can also be used to great effect. I have an excuse to leave the room even in mid conversation to go to the toilet. That's usually the end of that topic of conversation. I might then 'forget' to go back into the room and start doing something else. If I do go back into the room later its easy to divert the conversation onto another topic. A simple question, "Would you like a cup of coffee?" is a good one. "Whats for dinner (tea) tonight?" even although I can see its cooking on the stove, is another. "Those roses in the back garden look so beautiful, its a credit to your hard work and care."

There are also certain 'buttons' she has that can also be pressed at the right time. Talk about what one of the grandkids said will change her mood totally. In the middle of a topic so unrelated I said, " Do you know what Victoria said to me when I walked in this morning?" (Victoria is our 5 year old Granddaughter).

"No what?"

"She said, hello Oupa (that's me), its nice to see you."

"Ah, she so cute" means that the wife's mood has totally switched phases.

Tell her the dentist found a cavity in a tooth of hers and the wife will go mental. Its because they are being fed so much junk. Then she goes off on another tangent about how poorly that are being brought up. An excellent way of changing the topic albeit at someone elses expense. ?

BTW, I can say what I like on here because I know for a fact she will never read it.?

Ive just purchased a new battery , a lion 105ah and tested it after one days use. It reads 12.35v on my multimeter. I've brought it in the house to charge with my smart charger, however It wont charge it because it says its full. I thought the battery wasn't full so should I invest in a different charger?

Ive just purchased a new battery , a lion 105ah and tested it after one days use. It reads 12.35v on my multimeter. I've brought it in the house to charge with my smart charger, however It wont charge it because it says its full. I thought the battery wasn't full so should I invest in a different charger?
I think your charger either isn't working or isn't designed for that large a capacity.

Back