Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

It’s it morale or right

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Anyone notice that some padlocks are locked over the bolted gate but you can actually feed the padlock over the bolt? I liken myself to Houdini ?

You can sometimes also lift the gate a bit on its hinges so the locking lever clears the hook on the gate post on some DIY purchased metal gates.

We were once challenged by one customer and when we showed him he was in disbelief about how secure (or insecure) his back gate was. He never did replace the gate though and we used that method of entry for years afterward. The funny thing was that his wife, if she was home, always ran to the back gate to unlock it for us. We always thanked her but never said anything to her and he probably didn't either. ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Surely the padlocks on the garden side so you would need to climb over to get to it anyway.........I have a couple I can lift up a bit to clear the hook, both customers told me this.

I don't think you should charge half price mate, they leave the gate locked they don't want them done IMO. I provide them a quality service none of this splash and dash, if they want quality they should pay full price for it and leave the bloody gate open while they're at it ?

I see what you are saying but, all my customers are generally very good, I clean 8 weekly and (i've got rid of all the timewasters), so if they leave a gate locked it is because they have forgotten. We all forget stuff, it happens. We're probably talking 1 or 2 a month, over a whole round. 

If I can't fit it in somewhere else, then I'll charge half price and do the front only. I think that's fair and reasonable. 

I text the customer to let them know and I've never had a single problem; they are very apologetic and it generally never happens again. 

I can earn good money doing the fronts only for half price; no going round the side, no conservatory to clean and I'll just fit another job in if I want to make up the time. 

Personally, I would love a 'fronts only' round. 

Latest Posts

Back