Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

its all stoped working

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Diamond geezer

first thing today afterfilling my 400ltr 1st job not pumping water,so out with backpack job done.Now why isnt it pumping, pumps going whir whir whir controller up to 99 see if i can shift air lock,suck on outlet pipe,no go disconect pipe from shureflow( which is only 12-18 months old suck pipe out reconect,still no go.Undo filter which has no isolation vaulve so water now over van floor,that was filthey i dont think ive ever cleaned it,put it back i bet it works now,No Chance,can i have some help please,Ive got a P/F trolley so can suck out waterin tank,provided i find correct rectus fitting,thanks,how are you guys? Dont think its the battery in my P/F trolley as only did half a days work wed after fully charging tues over night.Yesterday though i noticed to much flow at the brush head it was on my normal 16 from the controller on my P?F trolley,thats how i run my set up ,the trolley is the heart of my system so i turned it down to 3or less! for the right flow prob something wrong with the controller,if so this is going to be a learning curve. ive seen squeeky Daves vid on a more modern controller, adjusting dead ends and more might as well be talking a different language ha ha

Last edited:
Try re calibrating see if that helps , or it could be an air lock if it’s that try a pressure fed supply like a garden hose to force water through the pipe before the pump that should clear it if all else fails ,

Try re calibrating see if that helps , or it could be an air lock if it’s that try a pressure fed supply like a garden hose to force water through the pipe before the pump that should clear it if all else fails ,
how do i go about recalibrating pleasae sounds complicated thanks neaver really bin in this area before, ill look on utube iam on to the garden hose thing now

Last edited:
Dead End details here from the man himself: DE ( Dead End ) Why set it
If the pump is running and you confirmed water is getting to it did you disconnect the outlet from pump to see if it's flowing? Could be the diaphragm is shot.
If water flows out of pump then look towards the pipe that connects to your reel and so on.

Dead End details here from the man himself: DE ( Dead End ) Why set it
If the pump is running and you confirmed water is getting to it did you disconnect the outlet from pump to see if it's flowing? Could be the diaphragm is shot.
If water flows out of pump then look towards the pipe that connects to your reel and so on.
i havent taken the outlet pipe of as its only 6ft long and free to flow,i will though ill try any thing at the moment.Ive just done what pj suggested with a garden hose turned on connected to the input,and with the pump running,no water is passing through thanks

i havent taken the outlet pipe of as its only 6ft long and free to flow,i will though ill try any thing at the moment.Ive just done what pj suggested with a garden hose turned on connected to the input,and with the pump running,no water is passing through thanks
If you have a hose connected to the input of the pump and the pump is running without any water coming out sounds like it's either blocked or the diaphragm is stuck. I think I remember someone having a stuck diaphragm before and I think with the pump off they tried the hose on the inlet then outlet of the pump to free it off or maybe they opened it up (things might spring all over the place if you open the pump head up!!!!).
Is the pump old if so fastest way might be to get a new pump, you could check if it's the controller by temporarily disconnecting the controller and connecting teh pump directly to your leisure battery (via a fuse). If that fixes it check all the controller connections and try things back as per normal.

I assume you have checked your leisure battery voltage?

thanks Ched.The pump is only 12-18mths old my battery voltage was reading 7.5 v ive connected garden hose to input,should i try it on the output eg in reverse to try to free the vaulve?

thanks Ched.The pump is only 12-18mths old my battery voltage was reading 7.5 v ive connected garden hose to input,should i try it on the output eg in reverse to try to free the vaulve?
Battery voltage 7.5v!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You should never let it drop below 12.1v (rested) every time you drop below 12.1v you are damaging the battery!!! If your battery is reading that low I think it may be beyond help! It might be worth giving it a bench charge but if you can get the voltage to stay at 12.73v a few hrs after the charger has been disconnected you will probably have lost capacity at best!
Get the voltage at 12.5v then see if the pump works as low voltage may be your problem!!

ive never had a prob with this battery, its also not very old,mind you its only the one that drives my p/f trolley so isnt very big i charge it nearly every day,it was charged tues night,and only did half a day wed and then this morning where upon nothing worked.Although now my mind is going.yesterday when it started to rain,i pulled my uni vaulve and left the pole against the wall went and sat in the van for 15-20 mins when the rain eased went back,and i hadnt pulled the uni vaulve properly,it had been runing,oops .ive never really looked at the charge on the controller,but i did today ofcourse and wonderd why only 7.5 and not 12v.well idid wonder if i had lost the charge ,well see tomorrow morning after a full charge.If so the pump must think its been in one of those health farms,its had garden hose preasure enema in the front and up the back,prob waiting for cucumber eye patches as we speak or getting ready,to make a run for it.

ive never had a prob with this battery, its also not very old,mind you its only the one that drives my p/f trolley so isnt very big i charge it nearly every day,it was charged tues night,and only did half a day wed and then this morning where upon nothing worked.Although now my mind is going.yesterday when it started to rain,i pulled my uni vaulve and left the pole against the wall went and sat in the van for 15-20 mins when the rain eased went back,and i hadnt pulled the uni vaulve properly,it had been runing,oops .ive never really looked at the charge on the controller,but i did today ofcourse and wonderd why only 7.5 and not 12v.well idid wonder if i had lost the charge ,well see tomorrow morning after a full charge.If so the pump must think its been in one of those health farms,its had garden hose preasure enema in the front and up the back,prob waiting for cucumber eye patches as we speak or getting ready,to make a run for it.
Let us know how you get on. Fingers crossed you will have a working pump with a fully charged battery. Might be worth getting a spare battery?

Firstly I would agree with the above comments about the battery at 7.5v it is flat. as a general rule the battery should not go below 50% of its capacity. For example if teh battery is a 20 AH (20 amps) you have 10 amps of usable energy before it will need to be charged. Roughly once a battery is showing around 11.5 V to 12V you will have used close to the 50% capacity. At 11 Volts you will have used roughly 60% to 65% below 11 volts and you have used 70% + of the battery capacity and at this point it would be considered to be flat.

Over time batteries do not charge up as well and they are less able to hold a charge. A good condition battery at full charge would show between 12.5 and 13v once the pump is pulling power the volts would drop a little. Maybe 12.5 to 12.3v and then slowly drop over the next 3 - 6 hours depending on how hard the pump is running. If you see the volts drop a lot ( dropping from 12.5v to 12v or less ) in the first 15 to 30 minutes of use then your battery likely needs to be replaced

To Auto cal on both the V11 and V16 controller the process is the same. First set the controller flow rate to your preferred flow. The following video then goes through teh steps

There is also this video that covers messages the controller will display.

Cheers

Embarrassingly It was the battery.The next morning after faffing around with the pump that evening the battery was up in the twelve volt region,and i had a normal days work and yesterday as well.Sorry i cant remember this ever happening before ,maybe once,You all came to my aid,so what a great forum this is thank you.You,ll be pleased to know that ive managed to do my Dead Endas well. What a difference that has made.Every thing is a lot more peacefull. instead of an initial woosh from the brush,it just comes on.At the moment iam having to double check to make sure the waters coming,i,llget used to it i expect .The Tank to reel hose is in the van ,i simply take out the reel and put it where i want.The hose is just long enough to do that.When I sometimes disconnect there was always an explosion of water not anymore though ! Cheers

Latest Posts

Back