Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Trolley build help please

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I've got my back pack, can't fault it now its back up and running. I want the trolley for some of the little cottages I clean. There's so many villages round here where you can't get a van to the houses. Basically I can stack 2 containers safely on a trolley where a container and a backpack don't work as well.
Hope the ground is nice and flat and you issue clients and small nosey kids with H&S and safety boots ? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure why you think it isn’t a viable option.  I have a couple of jobs where I need an extra container with my Gardiner backpack. Solution. Put it on top. Get some carabiner with a stretch rope around and tie it to the handle. It won’t come off. Saves all this trouble and there about £2 / £3

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Amtech-S0617-Approved-Carabineer-36-Inch/dp/B0051MVUL0

if you want to build your own that’s great but if you are looking for a great solution that does the exact same job and is cheaper than this is your best bet
That is pretty much what I do now.

Backpack costs £107 including vat which exceeds the cost involved with building your own £note wise. It would be cheaper for me right now as I already own a backpack but for someone starting with nothing a custom built trolley would be cheaper.

If you build something yourself it is much easier to fix. Although I will concede on this point that the backpack is relatively easy to fix.

The custom build trolleys look more professional than strapping a backpack to a sack truck.

Carrying a 25 litre container with a backpack balanced on top takes time to set up and isn't as steady as carrying 2 stackable containers.

I'm in no rush to build it, i've put it on the back burner for a few weeks as i'm gonna make some changes to my RO system this week. I think it's worth doing if nothing else it will give me more experience with these types of circuits.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I'm in the process of building a transportable mini wfp system for a friend who's just stating up. It's basically a shell around a battery, handle on top and pump on outside. It has variable speed control with display, beefy on/off switch, volt meter and external charge port. I had most of the parts already so it's difficult to tell the exact price, but it's less than £50, excluding battery charger.

The idea is you take the system and pole in one hand and the water container in the other.

IMG_20190223_105355.jpg

I have most of it worked out, except final hose management.

It'll be my fourth wfp system build and my smallest yet. If there's interest for it I can do a build guide or at least a video tour?

I'm in the process of building a transportable mini wfp system for a friend who's just stating up. It's basically a shell around a battery, handle on top and pump on outside. It has variable speed control with display, beefy on/off switch, volt meter and external charge port. I had most of the parts already so it's difficult to tell the exact price, but it's less than £50, excluding battery charger.

The idea is you take the system and pole in one hand and the water container in the other.

View attachment 15804

I have most of it worked out, except final hose management.

It'll be my fourth wfp system build and my smallest yet. If there's interest for it I can do a build guide or at least a video tour?
That's ace @Nudel. If my trolley build goes well I could plow some time into something like that. If you make the video drop a link mate!

Back