January's been a hard month!

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by CMRwindowcleaning, Jan 20, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. CMRwindowcleaning

CMRwindowcleaning Active Member

It's just been a struggle feels like I still haven't recovered from Xmas ive got zero motivation and the cold and dark mornings are making me want to just stay in bed! Anyone else feeling the same??

Advertisement
  2. Adams0211

Adams0211 Guru

I've been the opposite and have felt fairly motivated since going back to work at the start of January. I took on a load of new customers at the start of the month which was good for morale too. I spent years getting up to go to work at 4.30am so getting up around 7ish for an 8/9am start is a doddle.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. CMRwindowcleaning

CMRwindowcleaning Active Member

I've got more than enough work and been doing this for 3 years plus used to have early starts in previous job! Usually a really early bird aswel! Just feel lazy and like I can't snap out of it!
    Hoping it passes soon suppose i will feel better once my finger tips stop feeling like there going to fall off lol

4. TolishAPurd

Fear not guys, spring time will bring in a load of new customers, and the weather won't get in the way so much. You can't go 100% all the time, and winter is a natural time for hibernation.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Markyboy 50

I prefer winter. I go quicker when it's cold. And I like it when it's dark at 4/4.30. Home time:thumbsup:

6. TolishAPurd

I agree mate, was just trying to make folk feel better. :) For you and me an early home time is a good thing,for others its devastating. Things feel a lot better when you just accept the dark evenings, cold weather, and other factors, and enjoy it as a break from the norm- instead of something thats ruining your business.

7. Gary63

Gary63 Member

Real window cleaners do it in the cold !!
    Get up and get out there......

8. Markyboy 50

Couldn't agree more mate. Home at 3.45, with a clear conscientious ( spelt wrong I suspect) love the winter

9. David K

David K Forum Addict

My motivation is food on the table and roof over my head ! And the fact that if I don't step up to the game , somebody other will for sure :D

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. adamangler

adamangler Wakefield Window Warrior

My mood is generally dictated by the weather.

Theres been some horrible dark miserable rainy windy flooded shitty days, but this last weeks been a lot brighter, cold but sunny, the days are slowly dragging out and springs on is way, just keep going, soon be rushed off our feet sweating like pigs in a greenhouse praying for winter to get a bit of rest.

Advertisement