Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

jehovah window cleaners

WCF

Help Support WCF:

In a nutshell, the difference between science and religion....

Science will change its mind based on evidence and will say when its wrong.

Religion will never change regardless of the evidence and will kill to prove itself right.

Religions do make great sense.

Get rid of the scary stuff (the unknown)

Community of like minded folk for support (in theory)

Still doesn't mean it's any better or valid than a stamp collecting club or wine and cheese tasting society (if God made cheese its ok to worship it)

Exactly Jim, I have nothing against religion in that sense, if it helps people and they can join together and make themselves feel better that's brilliant, the problem I have is when it is told to everyone as true and real without any evidence or proof at all, none, and not only that attempts to force its views on others through violence, politics or pretty much any other route it can.

We have *** people being killed right now due to it for example, we have kids being told they are sinners and will burn in hell for eternity if they don't be good etc etc etc its just evil.

In a nutshell, the difference between science and religion....
Science will change its mind based on evidence and will say when its wrong.

Religion will never change regardless of the evidence and will kill to prove itself right.
You can't sum up all religions in that one statement. that's as flawed as the evolution theory itself. I'm happy to accept your opinions and can see your happy with your reasonings so fair enough.

You can't sum up all religions in that one statement. that's as flawed as the evolution theory itself. I'm happy to accept your opinions and can see your happy with your reasonings so fair enough.
How is evolution flawed?

And I think pretty much every single religion has killed to prove itself the true one? happy to be proven wrong, but fairly sure they have all done it at one point or another, certainly the main ones.

I haven't read anything aggressive or patronising, at least no more patronising than the 'other side' of the argument.
'Does the sand make your head itch'

'Creationists in the UK blows my mind'

'People you are discussing with have no understanding'

'wow'' just wow'

I'd say those words were patronising or condescending, wouldn't you?

@Diwrnach , you seem an intelligent guy. You probably have many completely opposite points of view to myself, but I wont put your beliefs down. I am surprised at how you look down on other peoples views though....Or maybe its just having a debate on a forum that gives that impression lol.

There have been and are many brilliant minds that have been on this Earth, but none have all the answers. Mankind in general by its own egotism cannot accept that they don't know the answers to everything, and so has to put an answer in. Even if it doesn't quite fit.

When Jesus was arrested I think according to the stories, his mates could have stepped in and had the Romans, escaping. Jesus didn't want violence in his name so he allowed himself to be arrested.

How a 'Christian' in his name can kill is mystifying. Jesus didn't say 'kill people who don't believe in me', the message was 'allow yourself to suffer for a greater purpose'. In fact I think Jesus told his followers to ' be good jews' and not worship him at all

Therefore it's logical they are not Christians but corrupting the name and making things up, as I'm sure are all religions beyond the initial stages of good intentions

Religion isn't immune to the same forces that corrupt all forms of communication over time, I.e. Human and environmental errors compounding over time

"There have been and are many brilliant minds that have been on this Earth, but none have all the answers. Mankind in general by its own egotism cannot accept that they don't know the answers to everything, and so has to put an answer in. Even if it doesn't quite fit."

You just described religion without realising it.

And sorry if you see it that way but I see creationism is pretty much complete insanity, I put it along side flat earth. We have absolutely overwhelming evidence of evolution, there really is no debate, the only people who cling to creationism are those that just don't understand evolution which is obvious by the things said against it "come from monkeys" etc.

I also don't buy into respecting others peoples beliefs, Nazis had a belief, Klu Klux Klan have a belief, ISIS have a belief I do NOT have to respect those beliefs.

I respect the person, I also will fight tooth and nail for everyone to have the right to believe whatever they want, but I do not have to respect the belief itself, belief is not some amazing thing, belief is believing something to be true without any form of evidence, I don't see that as a virtue.

The thing that amuses me is no matter how many scientific answers we get someone will always claim that it's down to god

If they prove the big bang theory or discover how microscopic particles can be in several places at once it will obviously be "god made it happen" so we can never win the argument

I have an interest in quantum physics of which I actually understand a lot of what they talk about (don't understand much of the maths behind it though) and they are making discoveries all the time which have a profound effect on peoples views on religion..as more and more is explained it is harder to believe in something that can't be proved until you are no longer here to tell anyone if it's true or not

The thing that amuses me is no matter how many scientific answers we get someone will always claim that it's down to godIf they prove the big bang theory or discover how microscopic particles can be in several places at once it will obviously be "god made it happen" so we can never win the argument

I have an interest in quantum physics of which I actually understand a lot of what they talk about (don't understand much of the maths behind it though) and they are making discoveries all the time which have a profound effect on peoples views on religion..as more and more is explained it is harder to believe in something that can't be proved until you are no longer here to tell anyone if it's true or not
Your a better man than me, I usually come away scratching my head at quantum physics lol

I also don't buy into respecting others peoples beliefs, Nazis had a belief, Klu Klux Klan have a belief, ISIS have a belief I do NOT have to respect those beliefs.
Oh c'mon....I'm talking about normal people like you and I. That's just a cheap shot. No need for that.

Have you had a chance to look at the real Codex Sinaiticus yet and see that the webpage you put up was just lies, propaganda or whatever?

They have thought there was proof several times..I'll wait and see what happens as they usually realise it's something else

It is very interesting when you get in to something like string theory and branes

Brian cox is very good at explaining those sort of things to those who don't get it..can see a lot of his lectures on youtube

Crikey :eek: another great debate.

All I want to know is where does the universe end, what is at the end and who/what/when/how did the universe start? Something has to start from something, but if there is nothing, how does something become?

As for religion, meh.

Crikey :eek: another great debate.
All I want to know is where does the universe end, what is at the end and who/what/when/how did the universe start? Something has to start from something, but if there is nothing, how does something become?

As for religion, meh.
I'm on borrowed time Mrs needs the PC, but they recently think they have solved the "something from nothing" conundrum, I read the paper and have to admit to not understanding even close to half of it, I'll try and find it later or tomorrow, but to kind of sum it up something never came from nothing because everything is still nothing.

Back