Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

John Guest connection with hose reel

WCF

Help Support WCF:

In answer to original question, cheap solution is swivel elbow pressure washer fitting. You can fit to hose reel and fit whatever you want to the other end. Barbed fitting, reducer, hozerlock, john guest.
emoji3.png
emoji106.png

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

PhotoView attachment 14535

Cracking find, worth a go for a tenner. Most of them are £50+

I use these on all my reels with half inch tube
Get no problems at all

What are they dude? and where do you get them from, looks like the most simple solution yet.

What are they dude? and where do you get them from, looks like the most simple solution yet.
I'm guessing it's something like this, it looks identical.

https://www.screwfix.com/p/jg-speedfit-pse3203wp-tap-connectors-white-15mm-x-2-pack/85257?tc=GT8&ds_kid=92700020953280273&ds_rl=1249799&ds_rl=1245250&ds_rl=1249481&gclid=CjwKCAjw2MTbBRASEiwAdYIpsYu7atkkNK80wqKm0UlD2SLmREbTDZKsQobaywZJs_Fg7AGBxvo5ORoCbX4QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CPOm2sTD69wCFa6nUQodd4ICYA

I get all my fittings from someone who works for a company that fit out bars and restaurants with coolers and pumps.

If you know someone in that trade ask them. They also use blue hose that is identical to exceed pole hose. By identical I'm sure it's the exact same stuff and saves me a small fortune.

They don’t ‘swivel’ once tightened though? The JG tube will be put under tension when the reel rotates - Then, i assume - the teeth in the JG fitting will spin on the tubing and eventually make the hose fail? Might take a while but it’s not something I would risk. How long have you had yours connected - and has the tubing (when removed from the connector) got score marks in?

They don’t ‘swivel’ once tightened though? The JG tube will be put under tension when the reel rotates - Then, i assume - the teeth in the JG fitting will spin on the tubing and eventually make the hose fail? Might take a while but it’s not something I would risk. How long have you had yours connected - and has the tubing (when removed from the connector) got score marks in?

Going on 6 months now and no issues.
Just removed one of them the and no marks on the tubing as far as I can see.

Back