Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Joined the ankalad gang today...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I would rather spend a few mins extra on a job knowing the ladder is not going to go anywhere than dashing about taking chances. Yes it takes a little bit of getting use too to setup and take down but I'm old so I just take my time /emoticons/biggrin.png

I think they might have sent me out a combi ladder by mistake. Not sure if that's good or whether there is any disadvantage to that. The combi is about 2oquid dearer though.

Is that yours smurf? Looks good.

Hopefully I'll find out whether it is or not this weekend when I get to have a play with it.

But don't try this at home folks

%24_57.JPG

That's my old bps combi that was replace about a year ago

Is that yours smurf? Looks good.
Hopefully I'll find out whether it is or not this weekend when I get to have a play with it.

LMAO.

At least he stands by (or on) his products. In one of his pics hes standing at the top of a 1ometre triple with no one footing- that takes some guts.

It seems a good company, its my second BPS ladder now and both times the delivery was quick.

On one side of the ladder should tell you what it is and even have drawings how to set it up properly.

From what I remember the pic was just showing how to attach the foot. The instructions were for a combi but I thought they were just generic to there ladders. It only twigged as I was fitting the ankalad. My mrs chucks everything out so its probably long gone now.:rolleyes:

Hang on I will just have to go outside now to drop my ladders down from the van to see what's on the label that is if it hasn't worn off by now.

Back in a mo....

Back again...

Main label on bottom left hand side has worn off but on the right hand has labels showing how to set the ladder up including a seperate label for the combi A frame setup.

I must have the touch of the anka's as have a go at it most days :D

Today I will be having a go at this one which is full exterior house deep clean including conservatory roof & sides.

I will also be using the ladder setup free standing so to gain enough height to reach & wfp pole all the areas of the conservatory roof. As it's a very awkard design with a glass roof and ali sides I've found it's much easier with an ankalad ladder set free standing than to try resting a normal ladder & stand-off on it.

My conservatory ladder would be no good either on that design so that must make me an anka:rofl:

View attachment 2711

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for that smurf. It is a combi, its got the label tucked on the side. I suppose it could come in useful some day. I got to try out the microlite this morning- Wow, that makes it solid as a rock. I'm still not sold on having wheels on it, even though they are supposed to flatten. But the proof was in the pudding, I was even trying to push the ladder from the side, but it didn't budge. Makes me wanna ank all over it.

That house looks like a bstardo. A good time to own a vac. I would go up on that left corner using a corner stand off, but I don't think my pole would reach the full length so I would probably head of to the neighbours garden to get the rest. Hope it goes well mate.

I think they might have sent me out a combi ladder by mistake. Not sure if that's good or whether there is any disadvantage to that. The combi is about 2oquid dearer though.
I thought the same, just move on :whistle:

They are not normal wheels @TolishAPurd

Did you notice when you climbed to the top of the ladder the D wheels on your standoff flattened down againt the tiles?

Thanks for that smurf. It is a combi, its got the label tucked on the side. I suppose it could come in useful some day. I got to try out the microlite this morning- Wow, that makes it solid as a rock. I'm still not sold on having wheels on it, even though they are supposed to flatten. But the proof was in the pudding, I was even trying to push the ladder from the side, but it didn't budge. Makes me wanna ank all over it.

Took 5 hours to do as not been done for 2 years including the windows as the chap lives abroad so only uses it 3 month of the year as his holiday home.

I've done that one many times before but is the first time he has let it go over 12 months so I bumped up the price as you do /emoticons/biggrin.png

That house looks like a bstardo. A good time to own a vac. I would go up on that left corner using a corner stand off, but I don't think my pole would reach the full length so I would probably head of to the neighbours garden to get the rest. Hope it goes well mate.

They are not normal wheels @TolishAPurd
Did you notice when you climbed to the top of the ladder the D wheels on your standoff flattened down againt the tiles?
Yep, I know they are meant to flatten into a D shape, but the empty section that is supposed to flatten doesn't always make contact. And when they do make contact, they are not always equal. Another design feature I thought of was to be able to adjust the wheels in or out to the side, this way you could sit the wheels in the middle of the tiles instead of sitting where they lay- in many cases on the edge of the wheels. I reckon articulated pads could work as well, like the ones you get on the feet of some ladders. I've had a good play with the ladder today practicing with the ankalad and microlite and I'm obviously impressed. Understand I'm just being hyper critical, and in most circumstances it doesn't make a difference, just throwing some thoughts out there. I still think its the best setup on the market from all the ones I've seen.

Back