Just Ordered A Brodex Pole

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Knoxy, Jun 26, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Knoxy

Knoxy Well-Known Member

Not sure if it a good thing or a bad thing but I've just ordered a 36' alloy Brodex pole today. I've read a lot of bad things about Brodex but I need a longer pole for a few jobs I have but I don't want to spend a fortune for something that will only see light of day 3 or 4 times a month, so I oppted for this at a grand total inc p+p of £135.76
    Has anyone got one or uesd one? and is it worth the money or a waste of money?

Advertisement
  2. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

i've also heard a lot of things about these, but like you say its only for a few times so weight isnt really an issue, when i first started out i have a unger 32 foot alloy pole, god that was heavy to use for the day, but it was only for one day every 3 months, so why spend a lot when you dont use it!!
    just got a GXTEL 40ft for a few jobs, was only £199, after a few jobs it will pay for it self!!

3. johnnyt

johnnyt Member

As you say, only used for a few jobs, so save the money.Do you use your Harris setup for the day to day cleans then?

4. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

yer now its set up thats all i tend to use really, its lighter than the unger 18ft pole i got and its the same length!

5. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

Where did you get the xtel for £199? I was considering a brodex 36' as it was cheap as I have 6 new houses I haven't done yet cos my 27' won't reach. Was considering standing on top of the van this time round then get a pole for next time

6. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

http://www.cleaningspot.co.uk/acatalog/Bare_poles.html

7. mark m

mark m Hero

You cant moan at them prices ,very cheap it will pay you back in no time

8. simon

simon Guru

photo's please when you do that

knoxy for `what you want that pole is fine, i had a 31ft but i was trying to use it for everything , one thing i'd change though is the hose & dont try doing the bottoms ,like i did

9. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

the GXTEL poles are **** .

I used 1 for 1 day and the top section snapped , now bare in mind im trad so i was only using the pole for washing doors down so id say maximum use
    3 hrs if that . and the thing snapped split in 3 parts in the top section .

10. harunh

harunh Legend

Gardiners all the way ?

Advertisement