Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Just Purchased

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Korey

Just purchased this for my small run, is there anything else I'm missing or will it do until I grow?

Obviously need resin and I've bought the 30ft Carbon brush

Thank You

Just purchased this for my small run, is there anything else I'm missing or will it do until I grow?

Obviously need resin and I've bought the 30ft Carbon brush

Thank You
If it's DI only I assume your TDS is lower than 70 ish? In my opinion a 30ft pole will tire you out working with that all day but it should do most jobs so swings and roundabouts!
When you bolt it into the van make sure you paint or rust proof any holes you drill in the floor and put spreader plates (very big washers) in to spread the load across as much of an area under the floor as possible. If you just use bolts with washers on then in an accident the bolts could just pull straight through the thin floor skin!!! Ideally bolt it through the chassis but that's probably difficult as all depends on where chassis is and where the frame needs bolting.
Triple check the underside before you drill as you have cables, brake pipes and fuel tank under there.

If it's DI only I assume your TDS is lower than 70 ish? In my opinion a 30ft pole will tire you out working with that all day but it should do most jobs so swings and roundabouts!
When you bolt it into the van make sure you paint or rust proof any holes you drill in the floor and put spreader plates (very big washers) in to spread the load across as much of an area under the floor as possible. If you just use bolts with washers on then in an accident the bolts could just pull straight through the thin floor skin!!! Ideally bolt it through the chassis but that's probably difficult as all depends on where chassis is and where the frame needs bolting.
Triple check the underside before you drill as you have cables, brake pipes and fuel tank under there.
Could I potentially ratchet strap it down?

Could I potentially ratchet strap it down?
You could but that would be dangerous! Most van tie downs are only actually rated to about 50kg!! In the event of an accident the eight of your tank could increase tenfold!!!! So a full 350 lts tank could weigh as much as 4000kg!!! The problem is that the weight is all behind you so if you had an accident that weight is all trying to carry on forward and the only thing in it's way is you!!! It could potentially crush you against the steering wheel!!!!
OK so it's unlikely you would have such an accident but it does happen and windys have been killed by their tanks!
I'm not trying to scare you just make you aware that it's in your own interest to make sure the tank is securely fitted to your van. At the end of the day it's your choice how you fit it.

Let us know how that system goes, When I get a bigger van I might go with their delivery-only system. I could build my own but they do look like a tidy system

With using ratchet straps an option for that would be to remove the bolts from the tie downs and use spreader washers underneath with bigger bolts

You know when Ched is being deadly serious he uses more than three exclamation marks!

Back