Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Is this a good starter kit to buy?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Anyone know any good baffled tanks to buy, I saw 10x 25ltr for £71 on ebay but I thought that's to good to be true so just looking for some good fair priced ones if anyone reccomends any? Going to be buying some of the kit today ?? first big purchase for this new venture :D
As far as I know none of the 25lts barrels are baffled. I don't think it's a big issue on 25lts as that is contained, it's more when you have a large tank that it needs baffles. People have used IBC tanks which are not baffled and can cause issues depending on the payload of the vehicle.
Just be aware that 25lts barrels full of water will weigh about 26kg, your vehicle will have a maximum payload (including you and fuel in tank) so don't overload it. Also try and distribute the weight a little, so not all load capacity in the boot as your weight distribution will lighten the front where your best brakes are!!!!
Personally I would say the blue ones are best as they block sunlight which can allow green algae to grow in the barrels!
If you are looking for a cheap option try the local car wash as their soap etc usually comes in 25 lts barrels and with a good thorough wash out can be used, you might get some free or even just a few £.

Do you use the spotless water places yourself, is it cost effective compared to the resin? It seems like a good idea to be honest and my closest one is 10 minutes away which is great
Yes I do. I have 650 ltr delivery only tank. If you’re on a budget then spotless is good. Near me it’s 3p a litre.

Back