Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Is this a good starter kit to buy?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

eddyl3000

Hi all, I'm going to be starting my window cleaning venture in the next 2 weeks. I'm practising the traditional methods at the moment but looking to start with a pure water system too as this seems the way to go.

Is this a good starter pack to get do you think?

I'd be opting for the wcw 35ltr trolley, probably with the 25ft pole and why brush would you reccomend

Any advice would be great ?

Thank you

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220723_000833_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220723_000833_com.android.chrome.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 3
25ft pole will be more than adequate to clean 99% of residential houses so will be a perfect sized pole. In terms of pole, the more expensive the pole, the better the quality and less strain it puts on your body so it really pays back in dividends if you can invest in a half decent, carbon fibre pole from the start.

35ltr trolley is fine, but bear in mind
it will be really heavy to lift in and out of a vehicle, especially when filled to the brim.

A Gardiners back pack is a very good device that will serve you well even if/when you progress to a van mount.
As for trolley - I would say a Handy Sack Trolley is about the best - OK so it's not lightest but it can take 200kg, has puncture proof wide tyres (good on gravel) and folds down.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I read this review Sanitising Trolley Sprayer System - 35L | Sanitising and Cleaning - Window Cleaning Warehouse Ltd before parting with your cash, these trolleys are cheap imports from China a lot of which are used as sprayers the review says it all.

Better to buy https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/gardiner-pure-water-backpack-v3-22-litre.html and a decent sack trolley which I'm sure some on here do use and may be able to recommend
Thanks, would I just use a DI system to purify the water and then pour the water into tis backpack to make sure I always have pure water, sorry I'm completely new to the pure water way of doing things so need things simplified really

I read this review Sanitising Trolley Sprayer System - 35L | Sanitising and Cleaning - Window Cleaning Warehouse Ltd before parting with your cash, these trolleys are cheap imports from China a lot of which are used as sprayers the review says it all.

Better to buy https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/gardiner-pure-water-backpack-v3-22-litre.html and a decent sack trolley which I'm sure some on here do use and may be able to recommend
Also how often will I need to refill with a 22ltr backpack do you reckon? I was planning at first to get that 35 ltr trolley and also a 20 ltr refill container and thought that'd be probably just enough to last me a day

Also how often will I need to refill with a 22ltr backpack do you reckon? I was planning at first to get that 35 ltr trolley and also a 20 ltr refill container and thought that'd be probably just enough to last me a day
And the rest lol
You will need a few hundred litres for a days work

This is dependent on how fast your flow rate is. We also have the gardeners backpack and a sack trolly.

I do 2 3 bed semi-detached houses and have a bit left over per fill.

But I run a quote a fast flow rate. I uses between 400 to 500 letters in an 8 hour work day.

As a newbie on a bad first clean you could easily use over 50 litres on 1 house. Even maintenance cleans you'll probably use 25 litres until you're up to speed.

Hi all, I'm going to be starting my window cleaning venture in the next 2 weeks. I'm practising the traditional methods at the moment but looking to start with a pure water system too as this seems the way to go.

Is this a good starter pack to get do you think?

I'd be opting for the wcw 35ltr trolley, probably with the 25ft pole and why brush would you reccomend

Any advice would be great ?

Thank you
Get the big boy back pack bundle + 10x 25 ltr baffle tanks to begin with. Don’t bother with resin. Set up a Spotless Water account and fill up there.

Good luck

First cleans will take maybe over double what a maintenance clean will require! When I started I had 6 x 25 lts barrels all strapped into the car plus the backpack full. I would say that on a first clean you could go through 40 litres on a 3 bed semi!!! You have water flowing when you scrub and then to rinse the frames and glass, so you have to use a decent amount of water otherwise you haven't rinsed the dirt from the glass and you will get streaks.

I would say to do say 6 hrs work you need more like 250 to 300 litres of pure!

First cleans will take maybe over double what a maintenance clean will require! When I started I had 6 x 25 lts barrels all strapped into the car plus the backpack full. I would say that on a first clean you could go through 40 litres on a 3 bed semi!!! You have water flowing when you scrub and then to rinse the frames and glass, so you have to use a decent amount of water otherwise you haven't rinsed the dirt from the glass and you will get streaks.

I would say to do say 6 hrs work you need more like 250 to 300 litres of pure!
40l on a new clean 3 bed
I’d be looking at maybe 20l lol
Still you will need a few hundred litres for a days work

Unfortunately that will only do approximately 3-4 houses if you are lucky, on first cleans less than that

40l on a new clean 3 bed
I’d be looking at maybe 20l lol
Still you will need a few hundred litres for a days work
A lot of mine are Victorian or post war 3 bed semi, so lots of windows and bays plus some connys! Modern stuff have so few windows in comparison you just fly through them.
Just trying to get across that a backpack and 20lts isn't going to go far at all on first cleans.

Get the big boy back pack bundle + 10x 25 ltr baffle tanks to begin with. Don’t bother with resin. Set up a Spotless Water account and fill up there.

Good luck
Do you use the spotless water places yourself, is it cost effective compared to the resin? It seems like a good idea to be honest and my closest one is 10 minutes away which is great

Theres a couple of pure water stations near me and they are worth their wait in gold. Its not as cheap as filtering it yourself but its just so conveniant and theres less to go wrong. Make sure you buy a TDS meter so you can measure the particle content of your water.

Anyone know any good baffled tanks to buy, I saw 10x 25ltr for £71 on ebay but I thought that's to good to be true so just looking for some good fair priced ones if anyone reccomends any? Going to be buying some of the kit today ?? first big purchase for this new venture :D

Back