Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Keeping Cool in Hot Weather

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Aye we Scots are not used to this weather. I'm removing some stickers from my van and will be applying wash & reach or reach & wash. getting shot of solar panel cleaning, think I got one job from them! ?

And here I am driving through floods to get home. Well actually, I'm stuck in traffic due to floods! 

You're right I think.

Starting to cool a bit from Friday but looks like it will stay fairly warm.

The next important issue according to my weather studying is the likelihood of severe rain and thunderstorms moving in to Cornwall, probably on Friday night and Saturday morning, then spreading East and North over the weekend to give most of the country a taste.

Drier weather likely to move in from the west on Monday as the wind veers more northerly to herald the return of high pressure and more settled weather. Temperatures next week probably not as high as at the moment.

I'm interested in the weather and tides as I like to have an idea of how it all works, being a sea kayaker and before that a sea angler. ⚓?
Yes Friday evening on the radar show a rain front. I am very surprised we've not had a massive thunderstorm yet as it's very normal.

We need rain as the moors are like a tinder box and the tourists stay in their caravans making the roads quieter

Kent, Essex and East Anglia are getting a bit of a wetting and lightning just now as far as I can make out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Full day today??
I think it’s been a bit cooler in the south east. 27 degrees. 
Out in the country, a slight breeze, it was quite workable. 
Im home now, a bit of thunder about but only a few spots of rain. 

Full day today??
I think it’s been a bit cooler in the south east. 27 degrees. 
Out in the country, a slight breeze, it was quite workable. 
Im home now, a bit of thunder about but only a few spots of rain. 
Don’t know where you are in the south east, but in Bromley it was in the low 30s ?.

P*ssing down here now though, but needed the rain desperately 

thats the beauty of working short days all year round....i can work in most weather for 5 or 6 hours per day....i was quite glad that i couldnt clean 3 jobs today due to building/landscaping work though!?...it meant i finished a bit earlier than i would of done....

im off tomorrow for stepdaughters graduation and a nice meal at a posh restaurant,back at it thursday and friday....?

take it easy chaps!

Beechfield UPF 50 + sun protection bush hat. There's a number on my label : B789. I don't know if that's a product code. I practically live in mine, both working and kayaking. Cheap as chips and has a chinstrap you can use when windy or hide it under the hat, and they last forever. Somehow it still keeps my head dry without actually being sold as waterproof.
The local company where I bought mine has moved. I'll have a look and see if I can find them online.

Just had a look online B789 is the product code. Quite a few sellers online. Well under £20. I rate the hat 5 stars.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a sun hat? Usually I'm fine with just my baseball cap but after 2 long days I'm pretty burnt around the ears and neck despite using suncream in the morning. I think it just runs off with the sweat! 
Try Calypso SP20, once day, apply it liberally and away from eyes. It really is the best sun tan cream out there. Would probably work for gingers as well

Beechfield UPF 50 + sun protection bush hat. There's a number on my label : B789. I don't know if that's a product code. I practically live in mine, both working and kayaking. Cheap as chips and has a chinstrap you can use when windy or hide it under the hat, and they last forever. Somehow it still keeps my head dry without actually being sold as waterproof.
The local company where I bought mine has moved. I'll have a look and see if I can find them online.

Just had a look online B789 is the product code. Quite a few sellers online. Well under £20. I rate the hat 5 stars.
Thanks, think I've found it. It doesn't seem too bad as far as sun hats go. The ones I've been looking at either look like something Mick Dundee would wear, or some have a strange resemblance to the kind of bonnets you'd find in a Jane Austin film! 

Is this the one below?:

Screenshot_20210720_215526_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg

Does anyone have any recommendations for a sun hat? Usually I'm fine with just my baseball cap but after 2 long days I'm pretty burnt around the ears and neck despite using suncream in the morning. I think it just runs off with the sweat! 
Came across this one when I was buying some golf balls.

https://www.discountgolfstore.co.uk/titleist-tour-aussie-golf-hat.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjw6NmHBhD2ARIsAI3hrM3b9LeJ0mjyCDrfyW8coRkpKSh6EKYvE7NQ_ZKV8_XF0HMxlsD2V3IaAiA1EALw_wcB

Thanks, think I've found it. It doesn't seem too bad as far as sun hats go. The ones I've been looking at either look like something Mick Dundee would wear, or some have a strange resemblance to the kind of bonnets you'd find in a Jane Austin film! 

Is this the one below?:

View attachment 25179
That's the fellow. I use that colour for kayaking but an olive green one for work. I don't remember how many colours they come in. ?

Back