Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Keeping Cool in Hot Weather

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Does anyone have any recommendations for a sun hat? Usually I'm fine with just my baseball cap but after 2 long days I'm pretty burnt around the ears and neck despite using suncream in the morning. I think it just runs off with the sweat! 
British army bush hat with neck protector. Lightweight ripstop material quick drying with ventilation holes

Beechfield UPF 50 + sun protection bush hat. There's a number on my label : B789. I don't know if that's a product code. I practically live in mine, both working and kayaking. Cheap as chips and has a chinstrap you can use when windy or hide it under the hat, and they last forever. Somehow it still keeps my head dry without actually being sold as waterproof.
The local company where I bought mine has moved. I'll have a look and see if I can find them online.

Just had a look online B789 is the product code. Quite a few sellers online. Well under £20. I rate the hat 5 stars.
Thanks for this Davy. Was literally thinking after driving home today that i need one! Just ordered.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Struggling again, cleaned 7 houses since 8.30 and still got 4 more. Only one today is a regular house ?

Might get more storms this afternoon, need to crack on but I'm cooling down with a sausage bap and cappuchino. 

Bloody great that neck cooling scarf but the only colour is sh1te house brown.

I've got it on now and won't be taking it off till I go to bed and maybe in bed aswell. ?
My favourite colour, Drab olive ?

I know quite a few that have brought them now since recommending them.

You can get a civi microfibre version but aren't as effective

Another top tip, if you are good at sewing, or have a sewing machine you can make your own cooling neck scarf with whatever pattern or colour material that best matches your company colour branding

All you need is polymer crystals exactly as what's inside BCB scarfs

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Zhiye-Water-Crystal-Filler-Decorations/dp/B07QRNTR5S/ref=asc_df_B07QRNTR5S/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=294674377600&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=14646714358560276291&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1006497&hvtargid=pla-744229624981&psc=1

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Another top tip, if you are good at sewing, or have a sewing machine you can make your own cooling neck scarf with whatever pattern or colour material that best matches your company colour branding

All you need is polymer crystals exactly as what's inside BCB scarfs

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Zhiye-Water-Crystal-Filler-Decorations/dp/B07QRNTR5S/ref=asc_df_B07QRNTR5S/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=294674377600&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=14646714358560276291&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1006497&hvtargid=pla-744229624981&psc=1
There only a fiver. You’d have to be a right tight ba5tard to make your own ?

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
fill a big bottle half full with water  in freezer overnite,   top up with water on morning .  keep in van rear   keeps water nice and cold all day .    i add tin of coke with the freezing water ,     refreshing.        drinking too much water after sweating buckets can drain the salts from your body .   dehydration salts will help  if needed 

fill a big bottle half full with water  in freezer overnite,   top up with water on morning .  keep in van rear   keeps water nice and cold all day .    i add tin of coke with the freezing water ,     refreshing.        drinking too much water after sweating buckets can drain the salts from your body .   dehydration salts will help  if needed 
If you wee regularly you will be ok as you keep the salts in your body.

It's when you don't you get in trouble.

Tomato quartered with added salt saves me getting cramps, easiest way to get the salt back into your body. Before people go on about salt being bad for you, low levels of salt are worse.
I often put some cheese and onion crisps in my sarnies, adds a bit of flavour and salt.

Back