Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Keeping Cool in Hot Weather

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I wear an authentic aussie leather hat nowadays. 

Always got a cool head.

Look like a bellend though lol.

It's my fishing hat.
Yeah, the style of these hats are very much the type I would never have Indonesia l imagined I would wear. Bellend indeed?indeed

But there comes a time in our lives where we simply don't give a damn! 

Pussy..I've worked the last 2 weeks?
Lol it was 34 degrees today but a bit of a breeze so not as bad as the last few days there wasn’t a breath of air before , having said that I finished at 15:30 today as felt hot and lightheaded , and Ime used to the heat on shouts ???? must be getting old ???

Tomato quartered with added salt saves me getting cramps, easiest way to get the salt back into your body. Before people go on about salt being bad for you, low levels of salt are worse.
It’s magnesium you need not salt that you put on your chips ????

It’s magnesium you need not salt that you put on your chips
It's actually sodium and table salt is sodium chloride. Spent many years working on furnaces and in summer wore tee shirts under an outer shirt ,for heat protection, that had rings of salt where the sweat had dried.

Never ever took a magnesium supplement but regularly took salt tablets, before they were banned.

Lol it was 34 degrees today but a bit of a breeze so not as bad as the last few days there wasn’t a breath of air before , having said that I finished at 15:30 today as felt hot and lightheaded , and Ime used to the heat on shouts ???? must be getting old ???

It’s magnesium you need not salt that you put on your chips ????
Isn't that flammable? I have a ferro-rod for firelighting when I'm kayaking. It's made of a soft metal. You scrape some shavings off with the spine of a steel knife then strike it fast with the spine of the knife to send incredibly hot sparks onto the scrapings and the tinder. The sparks will scorch steel and it will still burn if wet. I'm sure it's made of magnesium?

could i add to this topic putting litres of cold/chilled liquids into your body is not the best thing in this heat, suprisingly tea or warm water is far far better for you as you will sweat more but your bodies core temperature will be able to cope with it, its just when you fill your body with ice cold drinks it will throw a wobbler and its possible that you'll show signs of de- hydration and sun stroke just by drinking ice cold drinks 

hot weather something hot or around the same temps on the day, never chilled 

could i add to this topic putting litres of cold/chilled liquids into your body is not the best thing in this heat, suprisingly tea or warm water is far far better for you as you will sweat more but your bodies core temperature will be able to cope with it, its just when you fill your body with ice cold drinks it will throw a wobbler and its possible that you'll show signs of de- hydration and sun stroke just by drinking ice cold drinks 

you also shouldn’t drink litres all at once whatever it is. Little and often is key, I have a small drink from my bottle before and after each job when it’s this hot.

Ice cream van seems to do well out of it. ?

i hate drinking hot drinks on hot days esp in this heat!cold drinks with plenty of ice does it for me everytime.....frappuchinos instead of hot coffee and plenty of ice.....cold fruit too?

If you believe in science and similar weird stuff...

Drink plenty of fluids (imho 3-4 litres min) rehydrate at home swell ? - urine should be as near to transparent as possible - the darker it is the more you need to up your fluids.

Slow down...go from 20 to 2 houses a day ?

Stay cool (i.e park van in shade/air con/windows cracked open - unless you're surround by car jackers - wear cooltec/wicking/breathable clothing (shorts 'n' tee's/trainer socks/breathable trainers etc) - turn your brush around and onto your face/tee a few times an hour) - evaporation is a key way you 'lose core body heat'

Avoid sun (i.e shade/hats etc)

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/980943/Beat_the_Heat_2021.pdf

Stay cool guys...my personal fav... costa mango and passion coolies - hmmm think I'm addicted   ?

Back