Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Kiam warrior ?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Gasket

Evening guys,

Just after your thoughts on this machine seems a decent price for output.
I don't do many pw jobs probably around 15 a year, so can't really justify the money for a 15lpm machine.
Would I be able to run a small flat surface cleaner of this.

Thanks

Evening guys,

Just after your thoughts on this machine seems a decent price for output.
I don't do many pw jobs probably around 15 a year, so can't really justify the money for a 15lpm machine.
Would I be able to run a small flat surface cleaner of this.

Thanks
No disrespect to Equip2clean but I wouldn't bother mate. Anything with a 6.5hp engine is okay if you want to clean your car or tiny home patio but for commercial use as a business pressure washing it's not got the guts and you'll be lucky to get 10lpm out of it.
You can't run a flat surface cleaner effectively from it
If you brought this you'll wish you brought a 15lpm machine and then you'll wish you brought a 21lpm machine and so on.

I appreciate you may have budget constraints but I'd consider saving up a until you can buy a 21lpm machine

Just my blunt honest opinion

following up on what's said - this is a cheapo machine not for biz use - you'll get a couple of cleans out of it before having issues..

Loncin engine is ok but no mention as to the pump make - (unless I wised it) thats the critical component for me - the engine side can be several makes and they all last - pumps are your being heart and unbranded is a large red flag

save up a bit longer as this cheap machine will not serve you well then you will have to pay out again

To be fair, the OP states he does 15 jobs a year. I know diddly squat about pressure washing but I do know the economies of scale.
There is no way he can justify paying 1000's of pounds on machines, unless he wants ro upwell Pressure Washing, for the work he does, unless some of the jobs are big areas this might do all he needs.
I've got an old, about 8 years, Kiam gutter vac that still does the job

@Part Timer while you have a point - im not advocating an all singing and dancing machine for 1000's just something that will last and hold its resale value.

you cn get a 15LPM set up for just a couple of hundred more than that Kiam and a 21 LPM setup for about £500 more

Rutland pumps is an expensive option - plenty of others about that do better deals

You’re in a similar position to me. I started out with a Rockwood cheapie. Probably half the price of that Kiam. It was flawless albeit quite agricultural. Get what you pay for etc. never let me down. Used it for a couple of years.

Upgraded to a Jetmac. 15lpm. Had a few little niggles with it but hand on heart I think most were due to my lack of knowledge and experience. I cannot fault its performance. Prices have gone up quite a bit since I bought mine. I reckon with all the bits I’ve bought to go with it I’ve probably got £2.5-£3k in my set-up. Could have gone to a 21lpm and if it broke tomorrow I probably would but as an occasional machine that looks the part and does the job well I can’t fault it really. With 21lpm comes a bigger, heavier machine, whereas the 15 I can (just) lift it into the back of the transit on my own and with a food storage barrel as a buffer tank it holds plenty of water for most jobs without emptying the buffer tank too quickly. A 21 I’d be standing around waiting for it to fill or I’d have to get a bigger wheelie bin buffer tank. All gets more complicated than I need.

So. In short buy dirt cheap Rocwood, Parker, Wolf etc (Wolf would be my preference if I bought cheap again as their UK based customer service is brilliant). I have their auger and compactor and they’re brilliant, reliable machines. Or buy a Jetmac and spend a load more money but have a really decent set-up for relatively sensible money. I know people on here fan-boy Rutland and I’ve bought some bits from them and service is excellent, but they couldn’t come anywhere near Jetmac on prices for a similarly spec’d machine.

To be fair, the OP states he does 15 jobs a year. I know diddly squat about pressure washing but I do know the economies of scale.
There is no way he can justify paying 1000's of pounds on machines, unless he wants ro upwell Pressure Washing, for the work he does, unless some of the jobs are big areas this might do all he needs.
I've got an old, about 8 years, Kiam gutter vac that still does the job

I think I paid for my Jetmac in the first three decent sized jobs (paid for the basic machine and FSC anyway), fifteen a year would pay for most kit quite quickly unless the jobs are tiddly or your prices are on the low side.

You can get a jcb 4000psi 15lpm with decent A R pump for under a grand
Will do the job for a couple of years
No need to go mental for occasional use

You’re in a similar position to me. I started out with a Rockwood cheapie. Probably half the price of that Kiam. It was flawless albeit quite agricultural. Get what you pay for etc. never let me down. Used it for a couple of years.

Upgraded to a Jetmac. 15lpm. Had a few little niggles with it but hand on heart I think most were due to my lack of knowledge and experience. I cannot fault its performance. Prices have gone up quite a bit since I bought mine. I reckon with all the bits I’ve bought to go with it I’ve probably got £2.5-£3k in my set-up. Could have gone to a 21lpm and if it broke tomorrow I probably would but as an occasional machine that looks the part and does the job well I can’t fault it really. With 21lpm comes a bigger, heavier machine, whereas the 15 I can (just) lift it into the back of the transit on my own and with a food storage barrel as a buffer tank it holds plenty of water for most jobs without emptying the buffer tank too quickly. A 21 I’d be standing around waiting for it to fill or I’d have to get a bigger wheelie bin buffer tank. All gets more complicated than I need.

So. In short buy dirt cheap Rocwood, Parker, Wolf etc (Wolf would be my preference if I bought cheap again as their UK based customer service is brilliant). I have their auger and compactor and they’re brilliant, reliable machines. Or buy a Jetmac and spend a load more money but have a really decent set-up for relatively sensible money. I know people on here fan-boy Rutland and I’ve bought some bits from them and service is excellent, but they couldn’t come anywhere near Jetmac on prices for a similarly spec’d machine.
I bought a wolf genny about five years ago. Didn’t want spend silly money as it’s only used occasionally but it’s been flawless for what I need.

I bought a wolf genny about five years ago. Didn’t want spend silly money as it’s only used occasionally but it’s been flawless for what I need.
Yep. Wolf and SGS Engineering would generally be my choice of cheap Chinese petrol stuff. A lot of it gets bad reviews online but it’s generally from people who buy a £250 pressure washer and expect it to perform like a £2.5k pressure washer. They’re generally crude but functional and although parts backup on many is non-existent if you delve into them they’re mostly built with cheap generic parts easily available on eBay and the like.

Latest Posts

Back