Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Large Water Storage Tank

WCF

Help Support WCF:

With regards to the potable thing, I've just had an interesting (or boring depending on how you look at it) conversation with a neighbour who used to supply tanks to farms. He says that a non potable tank won't change the TDS of the water but it will affect the PH levels. While it might still read 0TDS it won't necessarily clean in the same way. He reckons it should still dry spotless but wouldn't necessarily attract dirt in the way the fresh pure normally does. If it was being used for tropical fish for example the PH would be too high and it wouldn't be fit for purpose.
Don't invite him to the house warming party ?

Don't invite him to the house warming party ?
I don't think he gets invited to many parties mate ?

When I quickly read this I thought it said submarine ? I thought no need to mention submarine just because he is originally for Liverpool, 

All together now, We All Live In The Yellow Submarine, The Yellow Submarine ?
? We all live in a yellow submarine, we didn't like the colour so we painted it green. Green didn't look right so we painted it red. Red wasn't waterproof and now we're all dead ?

Interesting. I guess you could find out what the tank is made of then buy a container made of the same stuff. Put some pure in it for a week or 2 then rinse your own windows with it and see what happens. 
This sounds like an expensive experiment ?

If I go for potable the cheapest option seems to be to get 2x 1025L tanks like these;

https://www.tanks-direct.co.uk/1025-litre-round-water-tank/p5984

They're much more compact than an IBC and more can be added in the future if needed.

Looks BIG ? 

Always interesting to see other peoples garages ? Seeing what kit they have etc.
it's turning into a cave of bloody wonders at the moment mate. I'm pretty sure Aladdin is in there somewhere rubbing his lamp ?. It'll be all good once I move though, to the right out of shot are some industrial shelves and a new work bench. The wife thinks I'm sad to be excited about having a working garage for a change.

We have delivery only vans. 2 vans currently, will be a third later this year. A 1000L IBC wouldn't be able to supply them both. The 2000L tank will be able to supply another van comfortably. 4 vans would mean we need another. However I think 4 vans will also need us to move to a unit.
Hope it doesn't cause a sink hole! 2 ton tanks are good for spreading the load.

We have delivery only vans. 2 vans currently, will be a third later this year. A 1000L IBC wouldn't be able to supply them both. The 2000L tank will be able to supply another van comfortably. 4 vans would mean we need another. However I think 4 vans will also need us to move to a unit.
2000l tank would look after 6 vans with 650l tanks in. Fill 3 after work and 3 before work. Don't need thanks, just beer next time we meet up

2000l tank would look after 6 vans with 650l tanks in. Fill 3 after work and 3 before work. Don't need thanks, just beer next time we meet up
That sounds like a lot of effort. Forget to fill them one time and you're in trouble the next day.
Hope it doesn't cause a sink hole! 2 ton tanks are good for spreading the load.
If it wasn't for the fact you were a fireman I would tell you not to be ridiculous. Is this a throwaway comment or backed up by experience?

That sounds like a lot of effort. Forget to fill them one time and you're in trouble the next day.

If it wasn't for the fact you were a fireman I would tell you not to be ridiculous. Is this a throwaway comment or backed up by experience?

I've got the same tank as you but 2000L built onto a wooden frame in the shed and thats absolutely sound so I wouldn't worry too much mate

That applies to any big business, a tight well run ship will always succeed. You might occasionally have problems filling but not as many as a business premises you aren't at 24/7.
That's ignoring the extra cost and travelling time
That is very true. It's the parking thats a problem for me though. I'm on a new build and I'm not 'meant to' park on the road. Van 3 is gonna be troublesome. Letting people take them home could end up costing me more than a container unit with water access somewhere.

Back