Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Larger size rectus fittings?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Pep

Hi everyone.

Does anyone know where to buy look larger stainless male and female rectus fittings? I'm looking for ones to fit my 6mm (internal dimensions) pole hose and 10mm (ID) hose reel. I'm looking for the chunky version as it's easier to use with cold hands? Don't suppose anyone knows what I'm talking about and where to buy them?

Thanks

Gardiner pole systems sell them. They are not stainless steel as you say though. 
pole hose is usually 5mm and on the hose reel it’s 6mm or 8mm. 

I don't get why people need to use these big hefty fittings, I tried them years ago and found them to be too big and snagged quite easily, 

Better off with something like this TuffTap  I have had around 11 months now and wouldn't be without it..

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I don't get why people need to use these big hefty fittings, I tried them years ago and found them to be too big and snagged quite easily, 

Better off with something like this TuffTap  I have had around 11 months now and wouldn't be without it..
I've always used Rectus 21 however the tuff tap looks like a great piece of kit for those without univalves 

And it’s made by one of the forum members he has come up with some really good inventions and Ime sure there will be more to come as well @Skxawng

I've always used Rectus 21 however the tuff tap looks like a great piece of kit for those without univalves 
I could never see myself using something that added extra weight to the end of the pole and one of these TuffTaps is quite simplistic in design and absolutely trouble free, I used the metal taps previously but they just developed issues either the tap body wore down so much with been dragged across the floor and started leaking or the tap lever sheared internally @Skxawng has 100% made a top notch product 

I could never see myself using something that added extra weight to the end of the pole and one of these TuffTaps is quite simplistic in design and absolutely trouble free, I used the metal taps previously but they just developed issues either the tap body wore down so much with been dragged across the floor and started leaking or the tap lever sheared internally @Skxawng has 100% made a top notch product 
I thought it was a @Skxawng innovation by the quality of it. The 3d printed shell is a must on these taps to prevent collar snapping and mitigates lateral strain relief. Great work ? 

I've been using rectus 26 fittings for years on my pole hose and reel...they last a lot longer than rectus 21s esp when your disconnecting a lot like me(to plug into return valves in between jobs to keep my heater running)....

Like many I guess I use these slick connect 2 fittings:

But I use univalve with hoseless setup.
they seem to snag less that rectus fittings but you will still get the odd snag.

Best thing I like about them is they are super super easy to disconnect ?

they seem to snag less that rectus fittings but you will still get the odd snag.

The maker of these spat his dummy months ago, so on principle, I only deal with nice people which is why I buy @Skxawng products Products | Rootek-Designs

Iv been testing one of @Skxawng new products for the rectus 21 connector as some on here have been. (It's amazing) Spoke to him Thursday he says it's now in production. Can't wait to get a load of them and swap over.

I think he said he's on version 100 or something daft like that. That's how much he tests and iterates his products and why I think they are so good.

They are also very delicate and brake easily the mark one version wasn’t compatible with mark two either so most had to replace perfectly good fittings , the company have a bit of a history of doing this type of thing , I personally won’t deal with them any more as found there customer service appalling.

Back