Lead Windows - How Do You Clean?

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by summershinejon, Mar 27, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Boys....may sound a bit of a dumb question but I'm new to window cleaning and have just got my first few customers. While cleaning some windows a neighbor asked if I could do theirs. When i went round I noticed they have lead windows which obviously I can't squeegee the traditional way ( not to my knowledge anyway)

So I was wondering what is the best way of cleaning these types of window?

Cheers Jon

Advertisement
  2. Dodger

Dodger Hero

good wipe with damp cloth to free the dirt, wipe dry with another cloth then buff with a dry microfibre.

3. David Taylor

David Taylor Well-Known Member

soap them up, rub most off with Terry weave micro fibre , then buff with flat weave micro fibre. (thats how i used to do them)

others use different ways , scrim etc but i`m sure some one will post the easiest way.

4. Nice one thanks lads! Very quick response!

5. Newbie123

Newbie123 Forum Addict

Bit of a pain but don't leave the soap to dry at the edges of the leaded diamonds ( squares ) will leave a grey shadow visible from insides

6. Posh

Posh Hero

Spray with astonish tile & window spray. Rub with micro & buff off window microfibre.

7. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

If poss, mop, blade and buff if they are double glazed. If they are proper leads then don't use your blade as the lead will cut it to ribbons. Just soap up with a wet scrim and buff with micro. Bit of a mare they are tbh.

8. summershine

summershine Member

So for a typical 3 bed (2 floors) semi detached, front and back all lead double glazed what would you charge? (midlands )

Advertisement