leafleting in the evenings?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Business' started by richard123456, Aug 28, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. richard123456

richard123456 Member

I will probably do some canvassing in the following days but just wondered if anyone drops leaflets in the evenings?

Advertisement
  2. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Now I am busy I leaflet whenever i get a spare half hour..it is quicker than canvassing but if you need the work badly you need to knock doors

3. TolishAPurd

I have done in the past, but I don't recommend dropping when its dark as you get looked at with suspicion from the outset, which is not a good first impression.

4. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I think it's ok to leaflet in the dark..how else you gonna do it in winter

5. boarcity

boarcity Guest

go for it . he who dares wins, never is a truer word said than when it comes to leafletting . and "keep em comin" - you must cos only dole out 100 you get a sh/tty result -but dole out millions and you will rule the world its guaranteed [of windows at least]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. boarcity

boarcity Guest

#6 boarcity, Aug 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2015
    thats reminded me, how many times on the forums iv seen images of boxes of really nice leaflets sittin at their masters home UNDELIVERED . they delivered 2 or 3 thou but then got jaded and six months later the biz is stagnant or worse still up for sale [ including those leaflets ] . im a proponent of leafletting and altho iv never delivered any in the evenings iv always delivered every one i had - and then hurried home printed more got obsessed

"OCD leaflets" now you wont ever find that in a medical journal- cos its a Very healthy condition to have ;)

7. TolishAPurd

Yeah, I should change that to "try and drop as many as you can while its still light in the evenings".

8. boarcity

boarcity Guest

i dont often leaflet now as my diary is near chock full- but part of me wishes i had the guts to carry on leafletting weekly . i say that cos it would push my business out of my comfort zone .
    i think i mentioned recently about a wom i know who runs a domestic cleaning biz that has dozens of mrs mop employees. she employs a couple of middle aged folk who full time leaflet for her ,covering a big area - this forces expansion of her business which is very big already -how big i dunno as it keeps a low profile but you think about it , fulltime leafletters x 2 its gotta be pretty big

9. adamangler

adamangler Wakefield Window Warrior

You may as well leaflet in the day as hardly anyone is in and canvass in the evening when most people are in, i think doing either the other way around is a waste of time.

now if only i could listen to my own excellent advice...

10. Trev81

Trev81 Guru

I have found if you land your leaflet on the mat during the day along with all the **** the postman has put through then it's generally just thrown out. Try and get door mat prominence and in the evenings could be a good choice when the working folk have arrived home and cleared the door mat. I have a mate in a seperate cleaning business that made a habiit of doing just sundays and had good results, people more relaxed and will perhaps read the leaflet fully rather than just chucking it out.

Advertisement