Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Leave My Windows

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Excellent idea if you're in the same area the next day ^^. Does every day run like clockwork or do you just tell us the good bits?

No no most of our domestic work is within 2 miles of home commercial is a different matter some is 200 miles away , domestic is easy to juggle if I have to most plastic cleans are in the same areas so virtually no travel time I have spent nearly 20 years building a round where I want it with the customers I want and dumped the dross , that’s what being your own boss is all about as far as ime conserned

FAO of those that don't text the night before. What if you turn up to a big house that's having building work done? You've lost a fair whack without being able to fill your day? If you texted the night before they may text back saying they've got the builders in and then you can go to your database and possibly reschedule a job to fill that day.

Just a thought like.
Most of my work is compact so I just carry on and do next door, so it's not costing me time or diesel.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Some days nothing goes to plan. Take today, I went down to begin a full PVC job on detached house and the moment I stopped the van a monsoon appeared and didn't want to go off. Texted the customer and told them I would be back later, they replied don't blame you. Went back a few hours later and weather was fine for rest of day but had to work on till 5pm, nature of the job I'm afraid.

All of this I do this you should do that is fine if you're established and have a full round. There are probably loads on here that are relative newbies that don't like the knock backs but have little option as earning £80 a year off one customer, instead of £120, is better than earning nothing.

When they are full then hopefully they will dump the rubbish but support those that can't afford the odd knock back, something I think the established on here forget they did in their early days. 

As regards to padlocks on gates... I always say 'I don't mean to be a pain but I don't suppose theres any chance that next time you're near a hardware store you could replace the lock with a combination lock or get me a key cut could you'?

They usually reply with 'Ooooh that's a good idea, I'll order one online tonight and let you know the code'.

As regards to padlocks on gates... I always say 'I don't mean to be a pain but I don't suppose theres any chance that next time you're near a hardware store you could replace the lock with a combination lock or get me a key cut could you'?
They usually reply with 'Ooooh that's a good idea, I'll order one online tonight and let you know the code'.

What if the lock is on the inside most of mine are?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

I done this old dears today, she was convinced I needed to get the drips off with squeegee or 'That flat thing' as she called it. It didnt change her mind one bit when I showed her the front that had already dried spotless. Oh well, you will get em I spose, looking forward to when I'll be a few years down the road and more fine tuned. 

You have got to train em better, tell them from the beginning you work in the rain and water-filled pole wash works fine, warn them in a jovial manner that it affects the window cleaner more than the windows and they will be fine, offer them a "will do them again guarantee". if they are not satisfied ( I have never had to redo a window because of rain),

As for the cancellation because of "its gonna rain" then this one has to bee an X customer,they are no good and you will lose them eventually you cannot be dictated to by people like this, its always "gonna rain" sometime, somewhere in the UK, these types are a drain and you spend time, money and effort pleasing them until you and they part, make a start by dropping this one, you know it makes sense.
I'm sorry to have to say this.... (not really sorry) but I had to read all the way to the bottom of page one before finding a post that made sense. 

There's not a thing @Philip Hardy is saying I haven't said before.   

If your conscience bothers you so much  you feel like you're robbing clients (even though you know you will have done your contracted job just fine) then perhaps try the Priesthood instead....... oh hold on.... Priesthood??coincidence?? Nope... that wont work for you either. 

I don’t understand why ones txt a customer the night before it’s not worth the hassle, when I quote I tell them we will turn up every 4 weeks sometimes get a bit behind if weathers bad or away on holiday , the only jobs we informe are big commercial which I don’t mind but ime certainly not txting 50+ customers a day , I think if you start running a business like that you are making a rod for your own back , if it’s done to get them to leave a gate unlocked then we wouldn’t take on a job like that in the first place , I think it was green pro who had a list of certain things that he wouldn’t accept with customers and that would certainly be on my list , I know we are all different but shortly we all want as easier days work as possible so why start something like this ? 
It was mate... my 'profiling' video on youtube. However unlike yourself I do text everyone the night before...  if you only took on jobs where the gate was always unlocked around here you'd never take on a job @Pjj.  Ignoring commercial (as I dont do any) I text everyone.  I set up the job lists for the week on Cleaner planner and then hit them all on 'text local' 

The 'no, it's going to rain tomorrow and my cats got her period' ones are straight out the window...  (you'll know these on a first clean)  

However out of 200 texts you'll get one or two saying 'sorry cant open gate on holiday this week'  to which the reply is 'No problem, have a great trip, see you next month'  this has saved you driving to a job you cant do today but is a good egg the other 11 cleans of the year. 

In my world @Pjj you're making a rod for your own back if you don't text the night before.  

It was mate... my 'profiling' video on youtube. However unlike yourself I do text everyone the night before...  if you only took on jobs where the gate was always unlocked around here you'd never take on a job [mention=2439]Pjj[/mention].  Ignoring commercial (as I dont do any) I text everyone.  I set up the job lists for the week on Cleaner planner and then hit them all on 'text local' 

The 'no, it's going to rain tomorrow and my cats got her period' ones are straight out the window...  (you'll know these on a first clean)  

However out of 200 texts you'll get one or two saying 'sorry cant open gate on holiday this week'  to which the reply is 'No problem, have a great trip, see you next month'  this has saved you driving to a job you cant do today but is a good egg the other 11 cleans of the year. 

In my world [mention=2439]Pjj[/mention] you're making a rod for your own back if you don't text the night before.  
Followed your vids and adopted your no nonsense attitude since I started, has put me in good stead so thank you green pro. What van do you have again it looks the dogs?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I also like the idea of being able to do what ever I want whenever I want like finishing early to go and spend time with my family or go and have a session on the latest PS4 game before the kids get home from school. If you’ve text to say your coming on a certain day your gonna look like a fool if you don’t without a valid reason. And then if you do have a valid reason there’s the whole retexting saga.

I’ll add a quick tidbit:

If they say ‘No, it’s going to rain’ first try to educate them before dropping. I had a lovely customer who was estatic when I said I could clean her windows, as for years no one cleaned her townhouse. Few months down the line she texted to say it was going to rain and leave it. I called her up, gave her the standard chat along at the ‘work is guaranteed, I’ll do them again ’ line and she’s been no bother after that. ?

It was mate... my 'profiling' video on youtube. However unlike yourself I do text everyone the night before...  if you only took on jobs where the gate was always unlocked around here you'd never take on a job @Pjj.  Ignoring commercial (as I dont do any) I text everyone.  I set up the job lists for the week on Cleaner planner and then hit them all on 'text local' 

In my world @Pjj you're making a rod for your own back if you don't text the night before.  
‘My cats got her period’ ???.

I got a reply from a customer last week of ‘I’m on holiday, you’ll have to do them in 3 weeks time when more convenient for me’

I replied ‘No sorry, I won’t be in your area then, I’ll text you when I’m due next’

She replied ‘not waiting that long, suggest you change your attitude!’

I replied ‘suggest you change your window cleaner to someone who’s prepared to be spoken to like sh*t,

goodbye and good ridence’

Big bugbear of mine is rudeness and bad manners (not the group, I’m a skin and love them ?).

Anyway, talking of holidays, better get back to my pint of keo as I lay on my sun bed in Cyprus ??

The last storm we have had, has left the windows in my area a mess, i would be doing a lot of free work. I got called yesterday to go n do a 3 monthly again due to the mess the storm caused, , half way to next clean, i did rattle round the house n charged less as rather a big house.

‘My cats got her period’ ???.

I got a reply from a customer last week of ‘I’m on holiday, you’ll have to do them in 3 weeks time when more convenient for me’

I replied ‘No sorry, I won’t be in your area then, I’ll text you when I’m due next’

She replied ‘not waiting that long, suggest you change your attitude!’

I replied ‘suggest you change your window cleaner to someone who’s prepared to be spoken to like sh*t,

goodbye and good ridence’

Big bugbear of mine is rudeness and bad manners (not the group, I’m a skin and love them ?).

Anyway, talking of holidays, better get back to my pint of keo as I lay on my sun bed in Cyprus ??
My mate is off to Cyprus Friday, I'll warn him to be wary of the little ginge with a bad attitude ?

Latest Posts

Back