Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Leisure battery charger just sparked and broke after 10 years.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Defo works for me with my low mileage, otherwise I can get a lot of smoke from the exhaust when it's attempted to do a regen but can't as I have only driven 2 miles up the road I have also had smoke coming from the engine, I went to my garage twice and the owner who is very experienced said as nothing looks wrong under the bonnet so he drew the conclusion that it could very well be the dpf going through a regen but not been able to complete. 

Both times he looked it was for free and he said he didn't want to start work on it and cost me un-nessacary spending when it could simply be that, we have both decided that it must be that as the engine runs just fine and no leakages under the bonnet anywhere. 
That's fine. My concern was with a van that employed both Adblue and DPF technology.

The problem with manufacturing is that everything is just so complex. So what works for one might be detrimental for another. It's not like the old Morris Minor era where one fix would solve everything. You can't even guarantee that all Fiats for example use the same emissions' technology due to rebadging.

The linked Numax charger is good for batteries up to 165amp. If you have 2 x 110 amps linked together then a 20amp is better.

Remember, you shouldn't be recharging your leisure battery when its flat. Its recommended that you never drop below 50% charge and you should charge it as often as you can.

Yesterday I was working on our estate. My 105 amp leisure battery was 87% charged when I got back after a short run. The charger went on when I got home. I usually leave it on overnight. I have a B2B charger in the van and have wired the charger in so it charges both my leisure and van battery.
Correction. The new Numax instructions list the 10amp charger as suitable for batteries up to 135amph.

My trusty old Numax charger I've had for 13 years now has failed. Fuse and power to the PC board ok, so I guess the issue is somewhere on the PC board.

Anyway, as I've no clue about electronics, I ordered the exact replacement which came yesterday, overnight from Tanya. Batteries all fully charged this morning.

Back