Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Leisure battery

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I want to buy a new leisure battery. I work alone and I have a shurflo pump and a van system. Would a 90Ah 12v leisure battery see my through a typical 8 hour working day?
Yes, it should do. Do remember that each Shurflo pump can draw around 4 amps an hour. If you have a controller, then that will be much less.

A 90amph lead acid battery has a useable capacity of 45 amps, as you don't want it to drop below 50% capacity. So ideally, you will need to recharge your battery every night.

Although you might work for 8 hours, your actual washing time (the time the pump is actually pumping water) will be less than that. I once estimated our pumps run for about 50% of our working day on a compact round. If a bit of travelling time is involved, then that time will be reduced.

Today we had a gutter clear, fascia and gutter clean, a conservatory roof clean and then the windows. Started with a completely fully charged leisure battery. The first hour was clearing the gutters with a vacuum cleaner. I then started the diesel heater. I believe the two of us spent around 3 hours combined cleaning. The pumps were running probably 80% of the time. At the end, I switched the heater off then packed away. We used 14 amps from my 105 amph leisure battery.

Yes, it should do. Do remember that each Shurflo pump can draw around 4 amps an hour. If you have a controller, then that will be much less.

A 90amph lead acid battery has a useable capacity of 45 amps, as you don't want it to drop below 50% capacity. So ideally, you will need to recharge your battery every night.

Although you might work for 8 hours, your actual washing time (the time the pump is actually pumping water) will be less than that. I once estimated our pumps run for about 50% of our working day on a compact round. If a bit of travelling time is involved, then that time will be reduced.

Today we had a gutter clear, fascia and gutter clean, a conservatory roof clean and then the windows. Started with a completely fully charged leisure battery. The first hour was clearing the gutters with a vacuum cleaner. I then started the diesel heater. I believe the two of us spent around 3 hours combined cleaning. The pumps were running probably 80% of the time. At the end, I switched the heater off then packed away. We used 14 amps from my 105 amph leisure battery.
Thank you for your help, I appreciate it

Back