Lesson learnt

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by daveyboy, Nov 27, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Had a quiet day today so am doing a bit of driving for a mate for cash
    Did a few drops now broken down in a country lane waiting for a flatbed to come get me
    Lesson is stick to the windows dave

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
    Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Oh well look on the bright side you could not have picked a nicer day for it :D

3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I'm jus having some lunch then of out to do a bit as it's nice and sunny here for a change

4. seye

seye Forum Addict

Know how you feel Davie boy my day is resigned to catching up on bookwork as my starter motor has decided only to start when it feels like it and not really any hills where I'm supposed to be working it helps having an apprentice son working in a garage though :)
    Sent from my RM-976_1115 using Tapatalk

5. TolishAPurd

Nevermind mate, theres always tomorrow. I went out on the glass today as I want to get one more clean for my monthly round in before christmas so I'm pushing it hard at the moment. The weather was $h*t in the morning, but got a bit better in the afternoon.

Dumped my first customer today, feels so good.

6. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Driving again tomorrow purely to help my mate out as todays stuff didn't get delivered
    Then on the glass Saturday to catch up and calling it a day for the driving unless it's peeing down sometime and i want to earn extra dosh..then catch up on the windows when it's dry

7. TolishAPurd

Good time to be in a van mate, especially if its working, the weathers been **** recently.

8. cheapncheerful

hmmmm yep tolish...i nearly dumped one...nearly..but i far too nice....

she wanted me to trim her bush...:rolleyes:well okay trees but doesnt sound as good....so i couldnt be arsed last clean and said i will do it when the leaves have gone...so i took my petrol hedge trimmer and edging shears....but when the husband told me what he wanted doing....its a bow saw job.....and really nowhere to lean my ladders as the tree is in next doors garden so thats a use for my multi ladder...all of which i didnt have...

some women are a bit ....er....bossy...and she tried to have a go...but i just stood there took it like a man and said im a windowcleaner as my main job i dont carry every tool with me....you should have seen the face...i dont think her husband ever ever would dare to answer back..

anyway ...she didnt ask me inside to do the doors i usually have to do....she didnt open the velux i usually have to do...and i quietly knocked for my money but decided to do next doors and wait awhile...

and i dare not say anything about the female sex cause they lurk amongst us but...she answered the door as nice as pie...

and later i bumped into her again...nice as pie....

funny creatures.....except shazzy and beccy etc...of course.....:rolleyes:

i got the job off her ex husband....he was a lucky man...

9. boarcity

boarcity Guest

i see your old ocado van quite often round my town, its a 13 plate

10. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

You will see 1 0f the 600 vans they have at our depot boar
    Different van every day
    They just load whichever is spare first

Advertisement