Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Liability Insurance Cover

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dabber

Just in the process of renewing my liability Insurance. I’ve previously had cover up to one million pound as a sole trader. Spoke with A Plan today and they recommended cover of five million.

What cover do others on here have ? It’s just me no employees and 99% of my work is residential.

Just in the process of renewing my liability Insurance. I’ve previously had cover up to one million pound as a sole trader. Spoke with A Plan today and they recommended cover of five million.

What cover do others on here have ? It’s just me no employees and 99% of my work is residential.
most are 1 million I would think, unless you do commercial which requires higher. Have a chat with Gleaming. They’re very helpful & will help guide you through the options.

https://www.gleaminginsurance.co.uk/window-cleaning-forums

I'm with Alexander Swan for PLI and van insurance

Depending on the cover you want it can be very affordable.

for Example, wfp and Tenancy cleaning only i pay appropriately £45

If just domestic probably 1 million is ok but wjth the dust of everything theses days maybe they think 5 million is the one to have , I doubt it will cost much more . If doing commercial most will require 5 million minimum .  

They are going to quote for both, I’ve just switched van insurance to A Plan so thought I would get a quote for PLI as well. I’m happy with 1 million cover but just interested as to what they come back with for the higher cover.

If you don't want to be insured for the glass you're working on and don't use any chemicals you should get a £1m for less then £100. If you want insurance to cover you on windows being worked on then it will cost you around 3 times more.

We clean windows that would cost £1000's to replace so have the more comprehensive policy.

Quick update, went with 1 million cover which includes cover on glass being worked on. Total cost £124 per year. Previous cover at £70 per year didn’t cover glass so I’m happy with the new policy.

Quick update, went with 1 million cover which includes cover on glass being worked on. Total cost £124 per year. Previous cover at £70 per year didn’t cover glass so I’m happy with the new policy.
Who did you go with in the end ?

Back