Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Limited budget trad kit requirements

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Yeah the ladder is up to the job.

And I think you are right to emphasize the value of being cautious.. I probably seem a bit impatient and gung-ho but I'm actually very cautious I'm not gonna be taking any stupid risks with my life to earn a few quid.

Seen plenty of times in the army how complacency can get you killed.

Gonna have a look at pli tonight
Starting out traditional on ladders, you'll occasionally come across difficult windows and feel pressure to do them even though you feel unsafe. 

It's better to explain to the customer, knock a quid or two off and leave them. 

Just wondering if someone could give me a basic kit list for starting out trad cleaning.

I have a trade rated 5m double ladder and a 2m extension pole I found in the loft that may come in handy but f all else.

Money is very tight at the minute so I was looking at screwfixs window cleaning kit £27 and some decent rubber for the squeegees as it has a variety of sizes.

Or would I be better going with one size of unger squeegee and applicator and getting more as I go along? Mainly looking at residential work initially.

My Main aim is getting started as cheaply as possible, even if it takes me longer to clean each house initially with more detailing/faffing

Basically what I'm asking is if you had an absolute max of £75 to spend on the actual tools you use to clean the windows what would you buy?

Thanks in advance

Sam
So Sam how are you get along with getting yourself setup with tools and work?

Latest Posts

Back