Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Liquidator lines

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I've been using the 10" liquidator with fixed handle and it's been brilliant. I bought a 14" channel and use it with the same handle and it's ****. Leaves lines all the time. I'm sticking with the 10" .

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

What size have you got Tony. If you've got some spare rubber, take the clips off the channel cut a new rubber to length and try it as a standard channel. If you've got the 14 it will now be a normal 12" channel. This isn't a permanent solution for you but will let you gauge what's happening on the turns. if you still get them then you need to practice and pedantically adjust your technique. If you don't get them then it's definitely an angle issue because of the dog-ear. This will then help you with your decision on either trying to sort it, or move to something else. Yes, most other standard channels will fit.
....nearly forgot. Weather is getting warmer your side of the planet yes? You could try the Moerman Hard rubber. I personally find it works beautifully in the Liquidator and last longer as well...
I was watching Trad man video the other day on Moerman hard but can't get them over here Eric, where are you getting them in NZ?

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

I am new to window cleaning so this is the first squeegee I have tried. I do like it and the no detailing is great but them arched lines. I have done the paper clip mod and the rubbers I am using are the precut moermans own.
Will other normal channels work fine in the excelerator handle? If so what channel can u recommend to give a go? If not what complete standard squeegee is best to go with unger or splus or ettorre
Me and my mate still get arched lines from the Moerman channels but I don't get them as much as before. It's very strange that on some glass it's great and then others arched lines. Over the last couple of years I've tried cutting rubber shorter, longer and equal length to tips of clips but still get them. It is very frustrating, especially when the low setting/rising sun is there.

If you look very closely at P&B videos on you tube you will notice a dragged line from the tip of the rubber. At first glance it will look good but in low sun you might see the arches. I can only usually see the arches by putting hand out in front of me blocking sunlight and just looking at glass below hand level.

I always seem to have a similar problem when i start using a new rubber blade.

Once it beds in and any tiny burrs are pulled off it's all fine from then on.

Razr takes a few houses to bed in properly

The edge starts to wear at the angle you work at and then works perfect

Used rubbers always work better when the edge is well worn to your technique

When i change rubbers i stick them in the next smaller channel and then cut the ends and they work perfect due to the long edge being spot on

I was watching Trad man video the other day on Moerman hard but can't get them over here Eric, where are you getting them in NZ?
I've only ever had a couple of samples when I first started testing Excelerator. Still using BD Hard. I have been told the NZ importer Browns Have it and the are in turn supplied by Oates in Oz so check with them.

I've only ever had a couple of samples when I first started testing Excelerator. Still using BD Hard. I have been told the NZ importer Browns Have it and the are in turn supplied by Oates in Oz so check with them.
I've just pulled apart another new BD this morning, started using it and about 4 lines dotted along from the middle to the end. I felt along rubber and you can feel the indentation in the rubber. I'm not so sure the way they send them out as a pair is for the good. I've had half a dozen now.

I've just pulled apart another new BD this morning, started using it and about 4 lines dotted along from the middle to the end. I felt along rubber and you can feel the indentation in the rubber. I'm not so sure the way they send them out as a pair is for the good. I've had half a dozen now.
Are you giving him feedback Keefo. I would have thought that sending out in joined pairs like this would have been much better. No edge rubbing in transit.

Yes, I've just sent them a message as I was about to order more later. I pull them apart slowly too. I lay them down and pull one up towards me. I might try lying them down flat and pull apart outwards to the left/right.

Yes, I've just sent them a message as I was about to order more later. I pull them apart slowly too. I lay them down and pull one up towards me. I might try lying them down flat and pull apart outwards to the left/right.
Hmmm, strange because it's only a very small sliver in the centre that hold them together. I've had some test strips of Moerman that were joined as well.

Hmmm, strange because it's only a very small sliver in the centre that hold them together. I've had some test strips of Moerman that were joined as well.
They want me to send the rubbers back and i get a refund. I was thinking of asking if I could send them back so they could look. Apparently they want to talk to BD abour their supposed medium/hard rubber anyhow. Have you or anybody you know used the legend channel and does the excelerator handle fit with it?

They want me to send the rubbers back and i get a refund. I was thinking of asking if I could send them back so they could look. Apparently they want to talk to BD abour their supposed medium/hard rubber anyhow. Have you or anybody you know used the legend channel and does the excelerator handle fit with it?
Nope. ...and no it won't fit the Excelerator handle. Legend is a rebranded Canadian "Squidgee" channel with the ends cut off on an angle via a Mitre saw. It's for wide body or super channel handles only. It's not a 'Zero Detailing' channel at all.

Nope. ...and no it won't fit the Excelerator handle. Legend is a rebranded Canadian "Squidgee" channel with the ends cut off on an angle via a Mitre saw. It's for wide body or super channel handles only. It's not a 'Zero Detailing' channel at all.
As I mentioned on email before I've started using small channel around edges then 14" in main body of window as rubber ends are wearing too quickly. I've found this preserves them a bit longer on our **** ally frames.

Are there any plans for a 6" excelerator......handy for those 40° days on long narrow window?

I made 6 inch out of a 10 inchJust cut it down

Works brilliant
Yeah I did that mate for the standard liquidator channel and original clips ages ago but was wondering if an excelerator 6" flip pad c/w clips was going to come out.

Back