Looking At Starting Up In The Window Cleaning

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by mikerudd85, Jul 6, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. mikerudd85

mikerudd85 Guest

Hi all

I have done window cleaning before but for someone and he payed me pennys compared to what i used to earn him :(
    so i am in full time work at the mo but want to build a round. i have been looking on the net for equipment and have started to design flyers once i have managed to get all equipment i shall start the door to door fun...

Also looking through this site and seems a frendly

Advertisement
  2. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

welcome to the site and good luck, its always hard to take that first step!
    would start gettin the flyers out asap as sometime it takes a little while to get any come back from them,
    what sort of area you covering?

3. mikerudd85

mikerudd85 Guest

my local area Bournemouth and poole and surrounding. the only thing is i dont want to start getting work in and not have the equipment to do the job as i a bit skint till the end of month lol

4. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

just book them in for the following month if they ask, i always say im next doing this area in 2 weeks or 3 weeks etc time,

5. mikerudd85

mikerudd85 Guest

Yeah thanks for that i never thought of that. well looks like il get my flyers orderd to night get that ball rolling....

6. Dodger

Dodger Hero

Welcome mate, like the boys said get in there..

7. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

when i've done flyers and posted them, i have had people phone up after a month of me posting them. but the ratio of leaflets to customers are not always that good, its good if you can knock at the door and speak to people.

8. mikerudd85

mikerudd85 Guest

Yeah i used to do it for a company i used to knock the door first if no answer i would drop a leaflet through the door.

9. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

nice one, at least you know what ur up against then!

10. mikerudd85

mikerudd85 Guest

yeah a mixture of nice and not so nice people lol

Advertisement