Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Looking to start up, any advice appreciated :)

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Ware I live live it states no satellite dishes , and no commercial vehicles, motor homes, or caravans , but it’s never been enforced and think if it were to go to court it would be overturned, but I accept if I was buying a house and this was brought up I would certainly be looking closely at it through a solicitor and getting something in writing to cover myself before purchase .
Yeah the problem was it was a small estate of 12 houses and the fact it had a residents committee was a red flag in itself then after we got the meeting minutes etc there was no way I wanted to live there and have to ask permission to do anything including sell my freehold property!!... didn't need that hassle in my life haha

Yeah the problem was it was a small estate of 12 houses and the fact it had a residents committee was a red flag in itself then after we got the meeting minutes etc there was no way I wanted to live there and have to ask permission to do anything including sell my freehold property!!... didn't need that hassle in my life haha
Narrow escape.

Trying to get paid enough for trad work on a new estate with all pvc windows is probably going to be like selling a black and white TV these days,

wfp is quicker, easier, cleans all the frames sills and doors and can command a better price

A lot of new build estates won't let you have a van on the drive and those that do more often than not won't allow Signwriting... Just threw £1700 away finding that out in a recent purchase I just pulled out of!
A lot of council employees driving vans are allowed to take their vans home at night. They are all sign written. I wonder who would police that! I can understand the reason behind the stipulation as they don't want the estate to turn out looking like a traveller's camp, but more and more people are becoming self-employed these days.

I'm sure we have a clause in our estate forbidding working from home. We did get a letter from our building and home insurers that we would be covered in the pandemic months while working from home, so this must apply in a lot of areas.

Back